Delphi 8 software assurance

2003-08-19 10:19:00 AM
delphi111
I received an email today from Borland mentioning that Delphi 8 will be here
around the end of the year [but shipping dates could change]. It mentions if
you buy Delphi 7 Studio now ....
'After 12 months, you can renew your Software Assurance#, and get another 12
months of assurance for just 20% of the applicable list price for Delphi.'
# Software Assurance can be renewed annually for 20% of the then list price
of the then current Delphi version
Does anyone know if this will apply to those who already have Delphi 7 as
well?
Thanks
Mike

Re:Delphi 8 software assurance

Does anyone know if this will apply to those who already have Delphi 7 as
well?

It won't. You have to buy the software with software insurance.
--
Anders Ohlsson - Borland Developer Relations - bdn.borland.com/
Borland Software Corporation - www.borland.com/ - Excellence Endures

Re:Delphi 8 software assurance

>Does anyone know if this will apply to those who already have Delphi 7 as
>well?
It won't. You have to buy the software with software insurance.
But presumably they could buy Delphi 8 with software assurance when it comes out .
. .
Lauchlan M

Re:Delphi 8 software assurance

But presumably they could buy Delphi 8 with software assurance when it comes out .

Ah, yes. Of course.
--
Anders Ohlsson - Borland Developer Relations - bdn.borland.com/
Borland Software Corporation - www.borland.com/ - Excellence Endures
Enabling our customers to move into the future without abandoning their past
homepages.borland.com/aohlsson/disclaimer_ani.gif

Re:Delphi 8 software assurance

Thanks for the quick response Anders ... it won't happen with us I'm
afraid. We shelled out about AUD$4K for the Delphi 7 Enterprise upgrade. If
we have to do it again I am sure we'll be moving to VS.Net ... and we both
lose. that is life.
Regards

Mike Noordermeer writes:
| Thanks for the quick response Anders ... it won't happen with us I'm
| afraid. We shelled out about AUD$4K for the Delphi 7 Enterprise upgrade.
| If we have to do it again I am sure we'll be moving to VS.Net ... and we
| both lose. that is life.
Of course, Borland could also do competitive upgrades like M$ do, I got a
good discount on VS2003 because I already owned a Borland IDE
Joanna

Re:Delphi 8 software assurance

So now you can not use the Borland IDE further, correct ?
Peter
In article <3f421e68$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM
says...
Mike Noordermeer writes:

| Thanks for the quick response Anders ... it won't happen with us I'm
| afraid. We shelled out about AUD$4K for the Delphi 7 Enterprise upgrade.
| If we have to do it again I am sure we'll be moving to VS.Net ... and we
| both lose. that is life.

Of course, Borland could also do competitive upgrades like M$ do, I got a
good discount on VS2003 because I already owned a Borland IDE

Joanna

--
Joanna Carter
Consultant Software Engineer

Re:Delphi 8 software assurance

"Anders Ohlsson (Borland)" wrote

It won't. You have to buy the software with software insurance.
Don't recall having gotten that mailing. Current link to software assurance
program (how it works or will work, eligibility criteria, if any)?
bobD

Re:Delphi 8 software assurance

>It won't. You have to buy the software with software insurance.

Don't recall having gotten that mailing. Current link to software
assurance
program (how it works or will work, eligibility criteria, if any)?
All the prices for the offer are on Borland.com.au 's online shop.
I presume they are rolling it out in other countries as well.
Lauchlan M

Re:Delphi 8 software assurance

"Mike Noordermeer" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, wrote these words of
incredible wisdom:
Thanks for the quick response Anders ... it won't happen with us I'm
afraid. We shelled out about AUD$4K for the Delphi 7 Enterprise upgrade. If
we have to do it again I am sure we'll be moving to VS.Net ... and we both
lose.
VS.NET appears a lot more stable than Delphi 7.

Re:Delphi 8 software assurance

stable? What do you mean by that?
"F.F" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

F.F writes:
VS.NET appears a lot more stable than Delphi 7
You've got to be kidding!
--
Colin
e-mail :XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Delphi 8 software assurance

VS.NET appears a lot more stable than Delphi 7.
About which version are you talking? Because VS.NET 2002 is severe
{*word*99}piness!

Re:Delphi 8 software assurance

"Weyert de Boer" <wdb@[nospam]innerfuse.biz>writes
>VS.NET appears a lot more stable than Delphi 7.

About which version are you talking? Because VS.NET 2002 is severe
{*word*99}piness!

Maybe that explains why the special upgrade price to VS.NET 2003 was only
$AUD 59?
If the Delphi 7 ->D8 upgrade cost the same I for one would soon forget about the
D7 problems - assuming they are fixed in Delphi 8 of course.
Chris Burrows
CFB Software
www.cfbsoftware.com