Re: Joanna: OODesign class at or after borcon?

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM
says...
>You will have get some moved up to sunny Yorkshire first, I have just
>spent 2 weeks in Spain for less than a cost of a day trip to London <g>

Sounds like a Yorkshireman :-) Are you a native, or just absorbing the
local culture? :-)
Me, no, I am a southerner, born and bred in the Home Counties, just went
to Uni 'up north', and by the time I finished, could not afford to back
again (can't belive people pay more than 100 grand for a 4-5 bed
detached house with a bit of land!)
There have of course been meetings in Yorkshire in the past. I am not
sure what the plans are for the future.
There has been a few in Manchester, IIRC.
Phil

Re: Joanna: OODesign class at or after borcon?

can't belive people pay more than 100 grand for a 4-5 bed
detached house with a bit of land!)
It's quite a bit more than that now. You're looking closer to half a mil
around here.
?00k won't buy you a 2-bed flat anywhere near Reading
There has been a few in Manchester, IIRC.
Yes, they've been in a few places oop north.
Cheers,
Jim Cooper
Jim Cooper XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Tabdee Ltd www.tabdee.ltd.uk
TurboSync - Connecting Delphi with your Palm

Re: Joanna: OODesign class at or after borcon?

"Jim Cooper" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>can't belive people pay more than 100 grand for a 4-5 bed
>detached house with a bit of land!)

It's quite a bit more than that now. You're looking closer to half a mil
around here.

?00k won't buy you a 2-bed flat anywhere near Reading
1-bed round here *starts* at 250k... might get a studio flat for 120k!
Bryan

Re: Joanna: OODesign class at or after borcon?

Jeez, reminds me why I moved to New Zealand...
Cheers,
C.
"Bryan Crotaz" <bryan@%nospam%ivisionsystems.com>writes

>>can't belive people pay more than 100 grand for a 4-5 bed
>>detached house with a bit of land!)
>
>It's quite a bit more than that now. You're looking closer to half a mil
>around here.
>
>?00k won't buy you a 2-bed flat anywhere near Reading

1-bed round here *starts* at 250k... might get a studio flat for 120k!

Bryan

Re: Joanna: OODesign class at or after borcon?

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM
says...
>can't belive people pay more than 100 grand for a 4-5 bed
>detached house with a bit of land!)

It's quite a bit more than that now. You're looking closer to half a mil
around here.
!!!, well at lest you are all on 6 figure salaries down there to afford
them <g>
?00k won't buy you a 2-bed flat anywhere near Reading
I would pay 100K not to be near Reading <g>
Phil

Re: Joanna: OODesign class at or after borcon?

In article <3f4eaed4$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, bryan@%nospam%
ivisionsystems.com says...
>?00k won't buy you a 2-bed flat anywhere near Reading

1-bed round here *starts* at 250k...
250k would buy you a 5 bedroom 'farmhouse' with outbuildings and a
couple of acres of land round here... but we are getting off topic...
Phil

Re: Joanna: OODesign class at or after borcon?

Well, it looks like I didn't get enough of a response from others
appropriate to the original thread ;) to warrant such an endeavor....
thanks Joanna for being willing....
BTW, perhaps you could expand JCOPFAMVPRF, especially the "AMVPR" part
rob
Joanna Carter writes:
Rob Schuff writes:

| Any chance of getting together a course on building an OPF while you
| are in the states at borcon? Maybe could be done the day after?

Well, I haven't yet booked my room and flights, so is people really
do want such a thing and a contribution could be made to the
JCOPFAMVPRF, then I'd be happy to stay on for a little longer.

Joanna

--
Joanna Carter
Consultant Software Engineer

Rob Schuff writes:
| BTW, perhaps you could expand JCOPFAMVPRF, especially the "AMVPR" part
Joanna Carter OPF And MVP Research Fund :-)
Joanna

Re: Joanna: OODesign class at or after borcon?

Joanna,
Is your book still in the works?
Mike

Mike Packard writes:
| Joanna,
|
| Is your book still in the works?
I am hoping to get it done in time for BorCon
Joanna

Re: Joanna: OODesign class at or after borcon?

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:46:30 +0200, "Joanna Carter"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I am hoping to get it done in time for BorCon
Add me to the list of people who eagerly await its arrival.
Nick Hodges - TeamB
Lemanix Corporation
Please always follow the newsgroup guidelines --
www.borland.com/newsgroups

Re: Joanna: OODesign class at or after borcon?

Add me to the list too!
Best Regards,
Mark Smith