MS-Access 2003

Hi
I'm using Delphi Enterprise version 7.0, to build my application which
will provided to end users.
I need to use a database within my application, that could me used for
offline mode when the Oracle Database is not available.
If I used MS-Access 2003 as my database, should Access 2003 be
installed on the client machines?
If yes, then what happens if Access-2000 is already installed?
The reason behind this are two main ones, the first is purely
technical and second is not to violate Licenses. As I have to purchase
MS-Access licenses to all possible clients.
Regards

Re:MS-Access 2003

You dont need MSAccess licences unless you want them to use designer. The
only thing that the machine needs to use access database is MDAC. W2K and
XP come preloaded with it. Others can down load it from MS. A newer version
would probably not hurt an older Access install but I am not sure.
<Jean Peterson>writes
Hi
I'm using Delphi Enterprise version 7.0, to build my application which
will provided to end users.
I need to use a database within my application, that could me used for
offline mode when the Oracle Database is not available.
If I used MS-Access 2003 as my database, should Access 2003 be
installed on the client machines?
If yes, then what happens if Access-2000 is already installed?

The reason behind this are two main ones, the first is purely
technical and second is not to violate Licenses. As I have to purchase
MS-Access licenses to all possible clients.

Regards

Re:MS-Access 2003

MDAC is installed with IE 5 or later, so Win98, WinMe have MDAC installed.
//------------------------------------------
Regards,
Vassiliev V. V.
www.managed-vcl.com - using .Net objects in Delphi for Win32 +
ADO.Net
www.oledbdirect.com - The fastest way to access MS SQL Server,
MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB)
"Billy" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>сообщи?сообщила ?новостях следующе?

>Hi
>I'm using Delphi Enterprise version 7.0, to build my application which
>will provided to end users.
>I need to use a database within my application, that could me used for
>offline mode when the Oracle Database is not available.
>If I used MS-Access 2003 as my database, should Access 2003 be
>installed on the client machines?
>If yes, then what happens if Access-2000 is already installed?
>
>The reason behind this are two main ones, the first is purely
>technical and second is not to violate Licenses. As I have to purchase
>MS-Access licenses to all possible clients.
>
>Regards

Re:MS-Access 2003

"Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote
MDAC is installed with IE 5 or later, so Win98, WinMe have MDAC installed.

Are you sure IE 5 includes all the required DLLs?
Jean, your users PCs just need MDAC and Jet 4 OLEDB data provider DLLs
installed - no licenses needed.
A previous posting lists which versions of MDAC and Jet are deployed with
which versions of Windows (Google for it!). Basically most PCs with Win98 SE
or above will have some version of them, and that has been my practical
experience of deploying an ADO on MDB (both 2k and 95) file using app. Of
course depending on your testing policy, you might want to ensure all users
have the latest version of MDAC etc. available for download from MS.
In deploying my apps only some *original edition* Win98 users have
encountered problems and have needed to install updated version of MDAC and
Jet. The presence of IE5 did not solve the problem in this case.
Dave

Re:MS-Access 2003

Are you sure IE 5 includes all the required DLLs?
Sorry, IE5 includes MDAC 2.1 without Jet. Jet is not included in Win98 but
is included in Win98SE (file MSJETOL1.DLL in win98_34.cab).
"Dave Blake" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>сообщи?сообщила ?новостях следующе?