Any Ionworx Ice License Users Willing To Help New User?

I am currently evaluating Ionworx Ice License and I am getting confused.
Can anyone confirm that I am using it correctly?
1. You create an application profile.
2. You will probably create one trial license with some generic information
in the text boxes. This license gets automatically loaded when you first
install/run the application.
3. For customers who purchase the application you create a full license for
each of them by filling in the text boxes with their details and choosing
protect file against modifications each time.
Now a few questions if the above is correct?
a. When you click on Generate License why does it ask you if you want to
encrypt and/or protect the exe file each time? This seems to imply that you
need to redistribute a new EXE file for each customer that purchases the
software?
b. Can you automate stage 3 via command line parameters or similar?
c. How do you list all the users/keys you have generated?
d. When you save a license key to file why is it different from the one
displayed on screen - i.e. the one on screen has owner details etc?
e. How do you decide what code (if any) to encrypt?
f. If you are running Linux/PHP/MySQL is it possible to get the web site to
generate the license keys?
g. Is it possible to black list a user/key? i.e. if they have charged back
the purchase?
h. What is the difference between the Standard and Pro versions?
i. Can you protect DLL files or is it just EXE?
j. What is the purpose of the SecureStrings if you have the protect from
modification option?
Many thanks

Re:Any Ionworx Ice License Users Willing To Help New User?

Hello,
a. When you click on Generate License why does it ask you if you want to
encrypt and/or protect the exe file each time? This seems to imply that you
need to redistribute a new EXE file for each customer that purchases the
software?
No you don't need to provide new EXE for each customer.
b. Can you automate stage 3 via command line parameters or similar?
Yes it is possible to use ICE License Manager in commandline in Pro Edition
only.
c. How do you list all the users/keys you have generated?
For the moment it is not possible to list all keys generated.
d. When you save a license key to file why is it different from the one
displayed on screen - i.e. the one on screen has owner details etc?
It's normal, because LDF file format, avoid you to create registration form.
e. How do you decide what code (if any) to encrypt?
We recommend to encrypt some features you wish to get available only on full
version to avoid any crack or patch of your application.
f. If you are running Linux/PHP/MySQL is it possible to get the web site
generate the license keys?
g. Is it possible to black list a user/key? i.e. if they have charged back
the purchase?
No it is not possible for the moment.
i. Can you protect DLL files or is it just EXE?
You can protect both DLL and executable.
h. What is the difference between the Standard and Pro versions?
- ICE License Manager in command lines to automate the license processing
- Source Code of VCL & ICE Network Server only
- Technical Support and Assistance via remote control
j. What is the purpose of the SecureStrings if you have the protect from
modification option?
SecureStrings allow to encrypt anyinformations, you wish to protect via hexa
editor for example.
Modification protection allow only to prevent any executable modification,
like virus infection for example.
Best regards,
IONWORX Tech. Support
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
www.ionworx.com
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>a écrit dans le message de news:
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
[...]

Please you can ask your question on our forum : forum.ionworx.com
Or contact us via email at XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Regards,
B.Bruno