Install problem with Indy 10 and Delphi 6 Pro

I used the auto install for Indy 10 and I am getting the dreaded
"compiled with a different version of System.RTLVersion".
I have searched the NGs and tried to recompile the Indy packages by hand
and I am still get the "different version" message.
Help please.
I am running Win XP SP1,
D6 Pro with updates 1 & 2 installed and RTLs 1 , 2 & 3 installed

Re:Install problem with Indy 10 and Delphi 6 Pro

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
I used the auto install for Indy 10 and I am getting the dreaded
"compiled with a different version of System.RTLVersion".
OK I have been able to resolve the "compiled with a different version"
problem by doing the following.
I uninstalled Delphi, re-installed it, installed update 1, installed
update 2, installed RTL update 1, unistalled the Indy components that
come with Delphi 6 and then ran the auto update for Indy 10.
After which I was still having problems. So I recompiled the Indy
packages and then tried to install them per the instructions on the
website. Kept getting an error or warning that they were already
installed.
Still receiving the error... Moved the dcu files from the sub-
directories to the ..\Source directory (which were I have Delphi looking
for them) and now I no longer get the "compiled with a different
version" message.
I have not install the RTL 2 update since I saw a posting about RTL
update 2 being the problem. Does anybody if this is true? Can I
install RTL 2 and still use Indy 10? How about RTL 3?
TIA

Re:Install problem with Indy 10 and Delphi 6 Pro

In article <4200dda9$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM
says...
Hi...
I have the same problem here and I can?t solve this...
If you find the way to install, i?ll apreciate your help...
Hi Paulo,
Yes I did find a way to solve it. Hopefully you will not have to do a
complete reinstall of Delphi like I did. Now that I solved the problem
I don't think that was necessary.
What you need to do is follow the directions here on the Indy website
www.indyproject.org/Docs/Indy10Install.iwp
Not sure of the "install" step as necessary, I ran them but received an
error for each one.
After you do that you will need to make sure (this is the part I was
missing before) that Delphi can find all of the DCU files that you just
created. I moved them all to the ..\Source directory under my Indy
install directory and told Delphi to look for them there. So far it has
worked for me.
Good luck,

Re:Install problem with Indy 10 and Delphi 6 Pro

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM
says...
hahaum!!!!

Just copy *.dcu from the indy directory to \lib....
That happens because in \lib have many indy dcu from past version...
Darrrrrr...

hehehehehe..

Thanx again..
Yes I felt rather silly after I figured that one out too.
I guess I can use the fact that I am still somewhat of a beginner with
Delphi and what used it for a while as a little bit of consolation.
no prob

Re:Install problem with Indy 10 and Delphi 6 Pro

I guess I can use the fact that I am still somewhat of a beginner with
Delphi and what used it for a while as a little bit of consolation.
Opps, that should have read .. "and haven't used it ..."

Re:Install problem with Indy 10 and Delphi 6 Pro

Hi...
I have the same problem here and I can?t solve this...
If you find the way to install, i?ll apreciate your help...
Thanx in advance...
Paulo Paredes -- endoSOFT --
"John Evenosky" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escreveu na mensagem

I used the auto install for Indy 10 and I am getting the dreaded
"compiled with a different version of System.RTLVersion".

I have searched the NGs and tried to recompile the Indy packages by hand
and I am still get the "different version" message.

Help please.

I am running Win XP SP1,
D6 Pro with updates 1 & 2 installed and RTLs 1 , 2 & 3 installed

Re:Install problem with Indy 10 and Delphi 6 Pro

hahaum!!!!
Just copy *.dcu from the indy directory to \lib....
That happens because in \lib have many indy dcu from past version...
Darrrrrr...
hehehehehe..
Thanx again..
PP