Multicast with 2 NICs

2005-08-04 01:07:48 AM
delphi78
I am trying to use the INDY 9 Multicast client (or multiples thereof) to
receive multicast transmissions from multiple sources simultaneously.
I can not seem to get data from the second NIC. Is there a clever trick I am
missing. I have set the Bindings[0].IP to the address of each NIC. If I
disable the first NIC, then data from the remaining NIC appears.
TIA
Graham

Re:Multicast with 2 NICs

"Graham Powell" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I have set the Bindings[0].IP to the address of each NIC.
That is not enough. Indy 9 does not support multiple NICs in the
multicasting components. There are additional steps required to make
multicast work in a multi-NIC environment. Please see the Indy newsgroups
for recent discussions on that issue.
Gambit