Sending an email to a MAPI server using Indy

2003-10-17 04:42:11 AM
delphi22
Hi all!
Can I use Indy (TIdIMAP4 component) to send an email to a MAPI server ?
I dont know much about MAPI protocol and workarounds. I know only pPOP and
SMTP.
Can anyone give some tips, examples, docs, etc ?
:)
TIA
Jose Carlos
Brazil

Re:Sending an email to a MAPI server using Indy

"Jose Carlos Marcusso Jr" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Can I use Indy (TIdIMAP4 component) to send
an email to a MAPI server ?
Only if the MAPI server supports the IMAP4 protocol as well. IMAP4 and MAPI
are not the same thing, not even close. To send MAPI messages, have a look
at the MapiLogon(), MapiSendMail() and other related functions in the Win32
API itself.
Gambit

Re:Sending an email to a MAPI server using Indy

"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

"Jose Carlos Marcusso Jr" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
[Snip]
IMAP4 and MAPI are not the same thing, not even close. [snip]
Very true, IMAP4 is a protocol, while MAPI is the Messaging Applications
Programmer Interface.
For more info on MAPI have a look at these articles:
search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx