Re: Question

Bpk. Adi Wira Kusuma writes:
what is RDBMS?
RDBMS = Relational DataBase Management System
Basically this includes database servers like SQL Server, Firebird,
Interbase, Oracle, DB2, etc. and excludes desktop databases like Access
or dBase.
--
Best regards :-)
Guillem Vicens Meier

Re: Question

the 9/11 conspiracists want to claim that
explosives were used to take down wtc7
and in the next part wonder why the
"molton metal" was there in the sub-ba{*word*224}t
weeks later.
wtf is up wid dat?
the NIST report shows that the building received
grevious damage from falling debrise, and that
diesel fuel (from back up power generators) fed
the flames that heated the support columns to the
point that they failed. so:
if the building was taken down with explosives,
why were these bits of metal hot?
it seems to me, that if the diesel fuel fires heated the
metal to the point of failure, that would leave a lot
of hot metal. the detail of it being hot weeks later
means it was buried deep. lotsa insulation.
--
borland.public.off-topic exists as a runoff for unwanted posts in the
technical groups. Enforcement of rules is deliberately minimal but

Re: Question

Our company is facing the dilema of buying Delphi 2007 or waiting for
D2008, what should we do?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Question

Leonardo M. Ram?writes:
Our company is facing the dilema of buying Delphi 2007 or waiting for
D2008, what should we do?

Thanks in advance.
Get Delphi 2007 with the Software Assurance and you will get both.

Re: Question

"Leonardo M. Ram? writes:
how can I choose Software Assurance at the On Line Store?
Is it "Sup & Maint for Delphi Win32 Pro(Delphi Win32only)"?
Yes, that is the one. It probably is being added to your order
automatically - you'd have to actually remove it if you didn't want it.

Re: Question

..and if you buy it in July instead of June you support the new
Embarcadero/Codegear instead of Borland ;-)

Re: Question

Nick Hodges (CodeGear) writes:
"Leonardo M. Ram? writes:

>Our company is facing the dilema of buying Delphi 2007 or waiting
>for D2008, what should we do?

I'd buy Delphi 2007 with Software Assurance.
I think you're a bit bias. :-)
[although I am not saying your suggestion is a necesserily a bad idea]
--

Re: Question

Martin Müller writes:
..and if you buy it in July instead of June you support the new
Embarcadero/Codegear instead of Borland ;-)
Not true -- we need June sales, too.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Re: Question

Yes, no problem...If you give me 10 licences of a product better than
Delphi.
Leonardo M. Ram?
leonardorame.blogspot.com
somebody escribi?
"Leonardo M. Ram? <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote

>Our company is facing the dilema of buying Delphi 2007 or waiting for
>D2008, what should we do?

You should give me $10,000.

Re: Question

Leonardo M. Ram?writes:
Our company is facing the dilema of buying Delphi 2007 or waiting for
D2008, what should we do?

Thanks in advance.
Wait till Jul 1.I am sure there will be a new pricing policy after the
merger.It is just 5 days away
venkatesh

Re: Question

"Tony Caduto" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Leonardo M. Ram?writes:
>Our company is facing the dilema of buying Delphi 2007 or waiting for
>D2008, what should we do?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Get Delphi 2007 with the Software Assurance and you will get both.
Unless the release date slips and they are late shipping Delphi 2008 - kind
of like what happened to me with Delphi 2006.
Our company purchased 3 copies of Delphi 2006 w/Software Assurance at BorCon
in November 2005, right before the CodeGear spinoff. The release date for
Delphi 2007 slipped (I'm guessing the spinoff might have had an impact) and
CodeGear wouldn't provide me with upgrades under Software Assurance
(although Nick Hodges personally arranged for *some* people to get
upgrades.)
I emailed a few people at CodeGear and was basically told that too much time
had elapsed since our SA contract had expired. They said they would "work
something out" for me, which turned out to be standard upgrade pricing.
Keep in mind that CodeGear is once again going through some turmoil, with
the Embarcadero acquisition and all. I'd be cautious about entering into
a Software Assurance agreement at this point.
Paul Morey
GivenHansco Inc.

Re: Question

""Leonardo M. Ram?" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Our company is facing the dilema of buying Delphi 2007 or waiting for
D2008, what should we do?

Thanks in advance.
The next Delphi release will have the Unicode string type as standard. I
highly recommend you go for Unicode strings, because the VCL will be Unicode
in all succeeding Delphis. Unicode is now the standard string type for
development tools.
If you are delaying the move to Unicode, you may want to grab D2007. If you
are moving on to Unicode, it might be better to wait and do a single
install- learning cycle, then ease projects over to Unicode as time permits.
Roger Lascelles

Re: Question

"Paul Morey" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Leonardo M. Ram?writes:
>>Our company is facing the dilema of buying Delphi 2007 or waiting for
>>D2008, what should we do?
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>
>Get Delphi 2007 with the Software Assurance and you will get both.

Unless the release date slips and they are late shipping Delphi 2008 -
kind of like what happened to me with Delphi 2006.

Our company purchased 3 copies of Delphi 2006 w/Software Assurance at
BorCon in November 2005, right before the CodeGear spinoff. The release
date for Delphi 2007 slipped (I'm guessing the spinoff might have had an
impact) and CodeGear wouldn't provide me with upgrades under Software
Assurance (although Nick Hodges personally arranged for *some* people to
get upgrades.)

I emailed a few people at CodeGear and was basically told that too much
time had elapsed since our SA contract had expired. They said they would
"work something out" for me, which turned out to be standard upgrade
pricing.

Keep in mind that CodeGear is once again going through some turmoil, with
the Embarcadero acquisition and all. I'd be cautious about entering
into a Software Assurance agreement at this point.
I know what you mean... I purchased Delphi 2007 with SA pretty much the day it
came out... and the D2008 date has already slipped from early 2008 to
mid... if it gets much further along I blew the SA money... which at the
Professional level SKU is just not worth every other year upgrades.

Paul Morey
GivenHansco Inc.

Re: Question

"Nick Hodges (CodeGear)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
"Leonardo M. Ram? writes:

>Our company is facing the dilema of buying Delphi 2007 or waiting for
>D2008, what should we do?

I'd buy Delphi 2007 with Software Assurance.
I did that back with Delphi 2007 came out... and am now wondering if D2008 will
be out before my SA expires? Trying to see if its really worth it to do or
not... The roadmap at the time of purchase definitely had products coming
before the SA ends (in sept) but now with the roadmap slipping things and im
sure the sale of codegear will slow some things down.... its starting to
look like wasted money. Btw, its a great deal for the enterprise sku...
but i get the pro sku... so if there isnt at least one upgrade a year SA
costs more than just upgrading when you want to.