Oracle

Anyone have any experience with dbExpress and Oracle personal 8i under
Windows 2000 Prof? How easy is it to use? How is the performance?
Thanks,
JS

Re:Oracle

FWIW: I deployed an application to a handful of Windows 2000 Pro + Oracle 9i
Personal Edition clients, but I used DOA instead of dbExpress. I stripped
Oracle down to around 75MB of memory, but I couldn't get it to go much
smaller than that without compromising performance.
Eric

Re:Oracle

Hi:
I'm developing a J2EE application that use ORACLE 9i as database. But I have
the following problem:
I need to create a oracle.sql.ARRAY object to send it as parameter to a
function in ORACLE. I mean, I have the next code.
String[] objeto = {"a", "b", "c"};
ArrayDescriptor desc = ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor("VARCHAR_ARRAY",
connection);
ARRAY array = new ARRAY(desc, connection, objeto);
Rut web te las líen si executed a SQLException si. The exception's message
is: "Non supported character set: oracle-character-set-178";
What can I do to resolve this problem?
THANKS
TMM

Re:Oracle

Teimatini Marin writes:
Hi:

I'm developing a J2EE application that use ORACLE 9i as database. But I have
the following problem:

I need to create a oracle.sql.ARRAY object to send it as parameter to a
function in ORACLE. I mean, I have the next code.

String[] objeto = {"a", "b", "c"};
ArrayDescriptor desc = ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor("VARCHAR_ARRAY",
connection);
ARRAY array = new ARRAY(desc, connection, objeto);

Rut web te las líen si executed a SQLException si. The exception's message
is: "Non supported character set: oracle-character-set-178";

What can I do to resolve this problem?

THANKS

TMM

This Google news thread answers your question.
www.google.ca/groups&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=uh4lsv5ih1m097%40corp.supernews.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D%2B%2522Non%2Bsupported%2Bcharacter%2Bset:%2Boracle-character-set-178%2522%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3Duh4lsv5ih1m097%2540corp.supernews.com%26rnum%3D1
or
tinyurl.com/36bnd
--
Regards,