ADO or dbExpdress

2003-08-08 02:35:33 PM
delphi134
I want to practise database programming with MS SQL Server but which way to
go ? ADO or dbExpress ?
I don't have the MS SQL SERVER driver found in dbexpress driver ini file.

Re:ADO or dbExpdress

More specifically Delphi 7 Enterprise.
Brian Bushay TeamB writes:
>I want to practise database programming with MS SQL Server but which way to
>go ? ADO or dbExpress ?

I recommend ADO if you will just be using SQL server. There are still some
problems with borland's dbExpress driver for SQL server

>I don't have the MS SQL SERVER driver found in dbexpress driver ini file.

You need Delphi 7 to get a dbExpress driver for SQLserver 2000
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:ADO or dbExpdress

"Alan" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:<3f3342f4$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>...
I want to practise database programming with MS SQL Server but which way to
go ? ADO or dbExpress ?

I don't have the MS SQL SERVER driver found in dbexpress driver ini file.
You should try SDAC. It is faster and more flexible than dbExpress or ADO.
Besides that you can use Delphi Professional to work with it.