Should CodeGear adding Ruby support soon?

NetBean has already add support to Ruby
www.netbeans.org/download/flash/jruby_on_rails/jruby_on_rails.html
But I am sure if CodeGear create Delphi for Ruby similar to Php one will be
the leader in this area

Re:Should CodeGear adding Ruby support soon?

Hi Mohammed,
NetBean has already add support to Ruby
www.netbeans.org/download/flash/jruby_on_rails/jruby_on_rails.html

But I am sure if CodeGear create Delphi for Ruby similar to Php one will be
the leader in this area
Looking closely at the Ruby blog posts at CodeGear, I'd expect Ruby
support to be in the JBuilder arena, not in the Delphi area...
Groetjes,
Bob Swart
Blog: www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: drbob42.com/weblog.xml
New Delphi 2006 Courseware e-books at www.eBob42.com/courseware

Re:Should CodeGear adding Ruby support soon?

"Mohammed Nasman" <mnasman_at_gmail_Dot_com>writes
NetBean has already add support to Ruby
www.netbeans.org/download/flash/jruby_on_rails/jruby_on_rails.html

They should have created Ruby before PHP.

Re:Should CodeGear adding Ruby support soon?

And I think they should also do VCL for Ruby.
Regards
Sandeep

Re:Should CodeGear adding Ruby support soon?

I would have to respectfully disagree with that. Doing so would
create a rift by breaking
compatibility with the rest of the ruby world. The ruby language is
already very detailed, and simple.
what they lack is a decent IDE.
On Mar 6, 3:27 am, Sandeep Chandra <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
And I think they should also do VCL for Ruby.

Regards

Sandeep

Re:Should CodeGear adding Ruby support soon?

Does anyone know if the same licensing restriciton exists for Ruby
preventing CodeGear from using the TurboRuby?
"Mohammed Nasman" <mnasman_at_gmail_Dot_com>writes
NetBean has already add support to Ruby
www.netbeans.org/download/flash/jruby_on_rails/jruby_on_rails.html

But I am sure if CodeGear create Delphi for Ruby similar to Php one will be
the leader in this area

Re:Should CodeGear adding Ruby support soon?

I believe Delphi for PHP was an acquisition

Re:Should CodeGear adding Ruby support soon?

My prediction on Delphi for Rudy: It is on the way. CodeGear
is following all the threads with keen interest.
"Mohammed Nasman" <mnasman_at_gmail_Dot_com>writes:
NetBean has already add support to Ruby
www.netbeans.org/download/flash/jruby_on_rails/jruby_on_rails.html

But I am sure if CodeGear create Delphi for Ruby similar to Php one will be
the leader in this area

Re:Should CodeGear adding Ruby support soon?

I know I am going to get flamed for this but I don't care. Object Pascal
in it is current state sucks for doing anything other than database
development. The VCL and the fact the I can write my code in C++ is the
only reason I use BDS. I'd pay $1000 for a ruby IDE the let me
build rails apps and VCL style windows applications in a heartbeat.

Mike Margerum writes:
I know I am going to get flamed for this but I don't care. Object
Pascal in it is current state sucks for doing anything other than
database development.
Don't blame the language for your poor command of it.

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, Mike Margerum writes:
I know I am going to get flamed for this but I don't care. Object
Pascal in it is current state sucks for doing anything other than
database development.
It works for us writing technical desktop apps.
The VCL and the fact the I can write my code in C++ is the
only reason I use BDS. I'd pay $1000 for a ruby IDE the let me
build rails apps and VCL style windows applications in a heartbeat.
Ah yes, shades of "I'd pay $1000 for something that would let me build
Linux apps". Please Codegear, don't take this as an invite to produce
Rylix!
--
Tony Bryer SDA UK 'Software to build on' www.sda.co.uk
Software Industry Conference 2007 sponsor www.sic.org

Re:Should CodeGear adding Ruby support soon?

Don't blame the language for your poor command of it.
Yes of course it is me. I have only been doing development for 16 years.
I have only used C/C++/java/python/pascal/object pascal/clipper/basic.
But what would I know about what comprises a good language?

Mike Margerum writes:
Object Pascal in it is current state sucks for doing anything other
than database development.
I wonder what the Skype developer or Nick Bradbury of FeedDemon fame
would say about that.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Mike Margerum writes:
I know I am going to get flamed for this but I don't care. Object
Pascal in it is current state sucks for doing anything other than
database development.
Seems to me you've pretty much flamed yourself, and not kindly,
either. Go find a list of well-known apps built with Delphi, like:
delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Good_Quality_Applications_Built_With_Delphi
Now count up how many of these are DB apps. it is a clear minority.
Hence, it seems that the tool itself works well for non-DB
applications for many skilled programmers. The limitations you're
finding must come from elsewhere.
All the great TeamB service you've come to expect plus (New!)
Irish Tin Whistle tips: learningtowhistle.blogspot.com

Nick Hodges (CodeGear) schrieb:
Mike Margerum writes:

>Object Pascal in it is current state sucks for doing anything other
>than database development.

I wonder what the Skype developer or Nick Bradbury of FeedDemon fame
would say about that.

IMO one big advantage of Delphi (or Object Pascal? ;>) is that you can
use it for almost all kind of purposes.