initial path on New/Open Project

Just installed D5.
How can I change the initial path in the Open Dialog (IDE). Currently it starts
in bin sub-dir in tha path where I installed D5. I have all my projects on a
separate drive partition, and that is the default path I would like on
Open/New/SaveAs...

--
TIA, bob
myName = 'bobmackey';

Re:initial path on New/Open Project

Hi Bob,

Look under project|options|directories/conditionals.

--

R/S Aaron Rhodes
Delphi Technical Support

bob mackey <nos...@annapolis.net> wrote in message

> Just installed D5.
> How can I change the initial path in the Open Dialog (IDE). Currently it
starts
> in bin sub-dir in tha path where I installed D5. I have all my projects on
> separate drive partition, and that is the default path I would like on
> Open/New/SaveAs...

> --
> TIA, bob
> myName = 'bobmackey';
> myISP = 'annapolis.net';
> myaddress := myName + '@' + myISP;

Re:initial path on New/Open Project

Actually in this case I think he needs to open the properties for the shortcut
he uses to start Delphi.  Change the Start In directory to the place you want it
to start in.  The default for D5 is the $(Delphi)\projects and D4 was
$(delphi)\bin.

If you are having problems with the My documents defaults then you can change
the My Documents directory if you'd like that's not that difficult. Right click
on the My Documents on the desktop and select properties. You should get a
property editor now that allows for changing what directory to use.

You can also get rid totally of the My Documents default by adding to the
Registry under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Documents

Add the empty string value of

"DisableStartInMyDocs"=""

(This is an irritation I first saw in Win98).

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's