TADOTable.Locate returns True for wrong record

Hi,

MyADOTable.Locate('SomeField',sSomeValue,[]);

returns True and on examining the current record,

MyADOTable.FieldByName('SomeField').AsString <> sSomeValue

Anyone seen this?

Thanks,
Mike

Re:TADOTable.Locate returns True for wrong record

Searching on Google revealed several pertinent references. I followed
one suggestion to use the free TBetterADODataset component and
it corrected the problem. Locate now finds the correct record.

See: http://web.orbitel.bg/vassil/

Anyone have experience with this component?

Thanks,
Mike

Re:TADOTable.Locate returns True for wrong record

Yes, it is reliable.

--
Michael Collier Bsc (Hons)

Interactive ADO Browser www.adoanywhere.com
Free ADO Browser (FAB)  www.adoanywhere.com/fab
Home Page www.adoanywhere.com
Email m...@adoanywhere.com

"Mike Fidler" <mikefid...@aka-group.com> wrote in message

> Searching on Google revealed several pertinent references. I followed
> one suggestion to use the free TBetterADODataset component and
> it corrected the problem. Locate now finds the correct record.

> See: http://web.orbitel.bg/vassil/

> Anyone have experience with this component?

> Thanks,
> Mike

Other Threads