Installation/Setup programs

Where do I find a real good program to install my own 16 bits Delphi
applications.

S{*word*249} Lund

Re:Installation/Setup programs

Try TSetup 2.20 at http://weber.u.washington.edu/~taime.
Multi-lingual installs, BDE, 16&32bits, UnInstalls, File
compression... just a few things...

Jason Swager
jswa...@activevoice.com

S{*word*249} Lund wrote:

> Where do I find a real good program to install my own 16 bits Delphi
> applications.

> S{*word*249} Lund

Try Youseful Installation Dephi components.

        http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/WHITEWB

                        Paul Potok

Re:Installation/Setup programs

S{*word*249} Lund (s-l...@post2.tele.dk) wrote:

: Where do I find a real good program to install my own 16 bits Delphi
: applications.
:

Try Chief's Installer Pro (see below). You can even use it for your 32-bit
applications as well!

The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro 3.10 for Win16 and Win32:
           Winner of PC PLUS Magazine Gold Award (April 1995 U.K. edition)
           http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
           ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win3/install/chief310.zip

Re:Installation/Setup programs

On 1 Mar 1997 00:09:49 GMT, "S{*word*249} Lund" <s-l...@post2.tele.dk> asked
where he could find a good program to install 16 bit Delphi
applications.

As it happends, I recently saw a post in the
alt.comp.shareware.authors newsgroup,

>From: and...@kazmax.demon.co.uk (Andrew McKay)
><snips>
>Check out Inst/Setup, from Kurt Herzog. Extremely simple to set up and
>use, and for 30 bucks it won't be a big expense. Contact Kurt on Email
>address 72122.2...@compuserve.com, or there's a link to his web site
>from mine at http://www.wdn.com/KazMax/ (sorry, I don't have his web
>site to hand right now).
>Andrew

I downloaded and installed it woithout incident.... it looks very good
on first sight. (I haven't done more with it yet.) It claims to be
able to work under Win95, too, should you ned to install something for
that. Needs 3.1, though, 3.0 not good enough.

While quoting from alt.comp.shareware.authors, I might as well also
mention the following, though it is a Win95 program...

>Try Setup Factory 4.0 from www.IndigoRose.com.  It is far easier to use than
>InstallShield and gives very professional results.  I have used it for years
>and never had a complaint.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/TK_Boyd/homepage.htm
Freeware, shareware for IBM type pcs. Ideas for parents, teachers

100665.1...@compuserve.com (TK Boyd) wrote:
>>On 1 Mar 1997 00:09:49 GMT, "S{*word*249} Lund" <s-l...@post2.tele.dk> asked
>>where he could find a good program to install 16 bit Delphi
>>applications.

There is also Custom Installer, available at
http://www.wp.com/dolphin/ci.html

Christopher

Other Threads