Problem starting Delphi 4 after FP #2 applied

After downloading FP 2 for Delphi 4 pro (CD doesn't seem to be available
in Europe) I applied it in my Win 98 environment, tried it and it seems
ok.

I did the same on my Win NT 4.0 ServicePack 3, installation ran smoothly
but when I starts Delphi now, I get a message which says :
WININET.DLL not found in the path.
Pressing enter a pop-up window is displayed with
"Exception EPackageError in module VCL40.BPL
can't load package .... DIRECT40.BPL"

I have checked, all the Delphi packages, components are present but I do
not find WININET.DLL in my NT system. After importing it from Win 98
another DLL is missing SHLWAPI.DLL. This problem occurs since FP2 has
been applied on Delphi 4 Pro.
Do I miss a MS Win NT component ? other ? Who can help ?

Thanks in advance,

Jacques Pignat (PIGN...@IBM.NET)

Re:Problem starting Delphi 4 after FP #2 applied

Jacques,

I get this message personally, and it is annoying, but not a show stopper.
Unless you need to use Delphi Direct, you can completely ignore these messages.
The fact that your system does not have wininet.dll is not a problem, and
Direct40.bpl is used for Delphi Direct.

When I find an easy way to get rid of this message, either by installing
something that will install wininet.dll or simply disabling this message, I'll
post it to this newsgroup.

--
------------------------
Richard

Re:Problem starting Delphi 4 after FP #2 applied

Well, after I installed Word, the errors went away.  I can see how this would
not be acceptable to some people, so I'll look for additional ways to fix this
problem.

WININET.DLL's description is "Internet Extensions for Win32"

--
------------------------
Richard
Delphi Developer Support
www.inprise.com
(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Re:Problem starting Delphi 4 after FP #2 applied

Well, after I installed Word, the errors went away.  I can see how this would
not be acceptable to some people, so I'll look for additional ways to fix this
problem.

--
------------------------
Richard
Delphi Developer Support
www.inprise.com
(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Re:Problem starting Delphi 4 after FP #2 applied

Richard,

The missing files are installed by IE and some MS Office apps, and
are used by the package for Delphi Direct.

You can eliminate this error by deleting the 'Direct40.BPL' entry
from the reg key HKCU\Software\Borland\Delphi\4.0\Known IDE Packages.

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

Richard [Inprise] wrote:

> Jacques,

> I get this message personally, and it is annoying, but not a show stopper.
> Unless you need to use Delphi Direct, you can completely ignore these messages.
> The fact that your system does not have wininet.dll is not a problem, and
> Direct40.bpl is used for Delphi Direct.

> When I find an easy way to get rid of this message, either by installing
> something that will install wininet.dll or simply disabling this message, I'll
> post it to this newsgroup.

> --
> ------------------------
> Richard
> Delphi Developer Support
> www.inprise.com
> (I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Re:Problem starting Delphi 4 after FP #2 applied

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 07:46:45 -0800, "Richard [Inprise]"

<supporti...@inprise.com> wrote:
>Well, after I installed Word, the errors went away.  I can see how this would
>not be acceptable to some people, so I'll look for additional ways to fix this
>problem.

I think the necessary files are available as a standalone (that is,
without MS Office or IE) self-extracting executable from Microsoft,
but I don't know the filename offhand.

-Steve

Other Threads