Runtime Error: "directory is busy"

Hi,
when I run my app from the BC++5 Ide, I get this runtime error.
when I run it from outside it runs well

Re:Runtime Error: "directory is busy"

Session object locks its PrivateDir.

You probably have Session in your app with explicitly set PrivateDir. BDE
will lock it when session is active.

You probably have your session active in IDE and then, when application
starts, it tries to activate session and lock the same dir.

Deactivate session in IDE or use different privatedir at the runtime.

Martin

<c...@dkdk.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> when I run my app from the BC++5 Ide, I get this runtime error.
> when I run it from outside it runs well

Re:Runtime Error: "directory is busy"

The " directory is busy" error is caused when in your application tries to
use a directory as its private directory that is already in use as the
private directory by another application.  The most likely cause of this is
that you have your database open at design time in the IDE .  make sure that
the Connected property of your database components is set to falls before
you try a run your program from the IDE.

--
Bill

Other Threads