Reading Version Information from the Resource File

Has anyone found an easy way to read the version information from the
*.res file using Delphi 4?

Any ideas, please e-mail: b...@btechdesign.com

Thanks, BT

Re:Reading Version Information from the Resource File

 I have seen and downloaded several 32bit (2.0) components to retrieve file
information for a given file name.

Example, you pass the component a file name --> foo.exe
and then you can access the files *properties* through the component
such as:
         size        - 23kb
         Proper Name - Some program
         LastModified- 9/9/98
         Vendor      - microhard assoc.

I can't find ANYTHING like this for 16 bit(1.0) delphi! Does anyone know
of such a component to retrieve said info? Perhaps someone knows the 16 bit
API calls and could provide a code example. I really need to be able to access
the *proper name* of a file.

tia,
Steve   fam...@qcontinuum.com , fam...@eng.utah.edu