ALIAS IN idapi.cfg AND PDOXWORK.CFG

EVERYTIME I START TOOLS/BDE CONFIG I SEE VERY STRANGE ALIASES SUCH AS
ACCESS / ODBC DSN : ACCESS / OPEN MODE : BLANK
RS_BTRIEVE / ODBC DSN : RS_BTRIEVE / OPEN MODE : BLANK .
SO I DELETE ALIASES WHICH I NEVER MAKE AND FILE/SAVE.

BUT NEXT TIME I OPEN IT, I CAN SEE THEM AGAIN.

ALSO WHEN TRY TO SELECT TABLE1.DATABASENAME IN OBJECT INSPECTOR,
THERE IS ERROR MESSAGE " COULD NOT FIND OBJECT " .

PLS KINDLY ADVISE WHAT IS PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I FIX IT.

ALSO PLS ADV WHAT IS PDOXWORK.CFG .

I INSTALLED INFOPOWER FEW DAYS AGO AND LOOKS LIKE AFTER THAT TIME
 I EXPERIENCE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM BUT NOT SURE.

Re:ALIAS IN idapi.cfg AND PDOXWORK.CFG

hoj...@nuri.net (kim duk-han) wrote:
>EVERYTIME I START TOOLS/BDE CONFIG I SEE VERY STRANGE ALIASES SUCH AS
>ACCESS / ODBC DSN : ACCESS / OPEN MODE : BLANK
>RS_BTRIEVE / ODBC DSN : RS_BTRIEVE / OPEN MODE : BLANK .
>SO I DELETE ALIASES WHICH I NEVER MAKE AND FILE/SAVE.
>BUT NEXT TIME I OPEN IT, I CAN SEE THEM AGAIN.
>ALSO WHEN TRY TO SELECT TABLE1.DATABASENAME IN OBJECT INSPECTOR,
>THERE IS ERROR MESSAGE " COULD NOT FIND OBJECT " .
>PLS KINDLY ADVISE WHAT IS PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I FIX IT.
>ALSO PLS ADV WHAT IS PDOXWORK.CFG .
>I INSTALLED INFOPOWER FEW DAYS AGO AND LOOKS LIKE AFTER THAT TIME
> I EXPERIENCE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM BUT NOT SURE.

Set the AUTO_ODBC option to false.

Other Threads