How can I read the win32.hlp coming with Delphi2 ? (No brose buttons)

I have Delphi Developer 2.0.
The windows api help files are included, but when I start them there are no
browse buttons. I think there are pages which are not available in any other
way.

Example:
Start win32.hlp.
From the index list pick "Keyboard Input Overview" and go there.
The following sentence appears: "This overview describes how Windows generates
keyboard input and how an application receives and processes that input."
And you can not move on. (I think this would be the moment to press >> but it
is not there! (Congratulations Borland...)

How can I read this overview? I am _very_ interested in this section.

--

Szaszvari Peter
Home: http://iap11.ethz.ch/users/szp/szp.htm

If there is any information in your "follow up"
to this message please mail it to me too, thanks.

Re:How can I read the win32.hlp coming with Delphi2 ? (No brose buttons)

On Fri, 13 Dec 96 09:58:03 GMT, s...@a.iap.phys.ethz.ch (Peter

Szaszvari) wrote:
>I have Delphi Developer 2.0.
>The windows api help files are included, but when I start them there are no
>browse buttons. I think there are pages which are not available in any other
>way.
>How can I read this overview? I am _very_ interested in this section.

You can't. If you do not have Delphi 2.01, BTW, get it. But the help
is still in a terrible state
--
Stefan Hoffmeister                   Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
University of Passau, Bavaria, Germany

In article <32b2c39b.11789...@news.rz.uni-passau.de>, Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.De (Stefan Hoffmeister) wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Dec 96 09:58:03 GMT, s...@a.iap.phys.ethz.ch (Peter
>Szaszvari) wrote:

>>I have Delphi Developer 2.0.
>>The windows api help files are included, but when I start them there are no
>>browse buttons. I think there are pages which are not available in any other
>>way.

>>How can I read this overview? I am _very_ interested in this section.

>You can't. If you do not have Delphi 2.01, BTW, get it. But the help
>is still in a terrible state

Thank you, but how do I get it? Can I download as a patch or should I ask my
shop where I bought it.
Is it free?

--

On Sun, 15 Dec 96 13:41:34 GMT, s...@a.iap.phys.ethz.ch (Peter

Szaszvari) wrote:
>In article <32b2c39b.11789...@news.rz.uni-passau.de>, Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.De (Stefan Hoffmeister) wrote:
>>On Fri, 13 Dec 96 09:58:03 GMT, s...@a.iap.phys.ethz.ch (Peter
>>Szaszvari) wrote:

>>>I have Delphi Developer 2.0.
>>>The windows api help files are included, but when I start them there are no
>>>browse buttons. I think there are pages which are not available in any other
>>>way.

>>>How can I read this overview? I am _very_ interested in this section.

>>You can't. If you do not have Delphi 2.01, BTW, get it. But the help
>>is still in a terrible state

>Thank you, but how do I get it? Can I download as a patch or should I ask my
>shop where I bought it.
>Is it free?

Check with your locand (Swiss) Borland Office for Delphi 2.01

Check Borland's web site for the help files only
(http://www.borland.com/)
--
Stefan Hoffmeister                   Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
University of Passau, Bavaria, Germany

Re:How can I read the win32.hlp coming with Delphi2 ? (No brose buttons)

There is another way. With Delphi 2 comes help Workshop.
Make sure you have closed Help.
Load Help Workshop and choose (I think it's from the File menu) the
option Help Author (make it checked).

Load Help with a Helpfile. Then you can use some key combinations
Ctrl+Alt+(arrow left/right) to browse any helpfile with help. I am not sure
about the key. If it
doesn't work, mail me and I will look it up for you. You will also be able
to see the topic number in the caption bar. There is a key combination
(don't remember which one, look in Help Workshops Tip of Day) to jump
to a topic.

Goodluck!

F G Weissglas

Peter Szaszvari <s...@a.iap.phys.ethz.ch> schreef in artikel
<58r9a0$...@elna.ethz.ch>...

> I have Delphi Developer 2.0.
> The windows api help files are included, but when I start them there are
no
> browse buttons. I think there are pages which are not available in any
other
> way.

> Example:
> Start win32.hlp.
> From the index list pick "Keyboard Input Overview" and go there.
> The following sentence appears: "This overview describes how Windows
generates
> keyboard input and how an application receives and processes that input."
> And you can not move on. (I think this would be the moment to press >>
but it
> is not there! (Congratulations Borland...)

> How can I read this overview? I am _very_ interested in this section.

> --

> Szaszvari Peter
> Home: http://iap11.ethz.ch/users/szp/szp.htm

> If there is any information in your "follow up"
> to this message please mail it to me too, thanks.

Other Threads