Scroller needed....

Hello....

Is there anoyone who can explain to me how to make a SMOOTH scrolltext
in TP7.0 or anyone who has a source that I can take a look at ??

I have tried several times to make a scrolling text, but I have NEVER
made it, even though i have tried a lot of diffrent possible solutions.
I haven't even succeded in making a NON-SMOOTH scroller... But I won't
give up.....

I really don't think It's possible to make a SMOOTH scroller with just
TP70 - I think i need to use some ASM too ?? - Am i right ?

Anybody ?? - Any suggestions ?? - Except to give up :))))

I would appreciate if anybody would mail me a scroll routine or explain
me how to make one (simple) :))

Thankz in advance :)

Re:Scroller needed....

> I have tried several times to make a scrolling text, but I have NEVER
> made it, even though i have tried a lot of diffrent possible solutions.
> I haven't even succeded in making a NON-SMOOTH scroller... But I won't
> give up.....

This should do the trick.  If you want a scroll-down, simply
change the "mov ah, 6" to "mov ah, 7".  If you pass a 0 into
rows, the specified window will be cleared.  The attr is the
most confusing part, it is the text-video color attribute of
the rows that will be created.  Here is a bit-map diagram of
how attributes work:

 bit -  7  6  5  4  3  2  1  0
        |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
        |  |  |  |  |  +--+--+-- Foreground Color
        |  |  |  |  +----------- Foreground Intensity Toggle
        |  +--+--+-------------- Background Color
        +----------------------- Foreground Blink Toggle

Therefore to get foreground color white and background black
you would use $07 or for intense white $0F or for intense
blinking red on blue, you would do $9F.  And there you have
it, instant, smooth scrolling text.
-chris

procedure ScrollUp(top,lef,bot,rig,rows,attr: byte);
begin
  asm
    mov ah, 6
    mov al, rows