Instantiating forms on the fly

Has anyone any experience with the following?

We need to allow the user to design reports, or forms.

We let them place the forms in a table.

We need to be able to create on the fly the form whose name is in the
table.

Inprise indicates that the form must be registered at design time. That
can't be true because other languages such as Paradox allow us to open
forms whose names are in a table.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe @ capscentral

Re:Instantiating forms on the fly

If you have pre-defined forms COMPILED in your app, then you can execute the
form using some code similar to the following:

If UpperCase(FormListFORMNAME.Value) = 'FORM 1" Then Form1.ShowModal
Else If UpperCase(FormListFORMNAME.Value) = 'FORM 1" Then Form2.ShowModal;

If they are custom forms, then you need your own form generator that would
define what components belong on the form with its location and properties,
then when the form is referenced, the form is dynamically created by your
application...

Donald Johnson                      delph...@fnusa.com
Binary Engineers                    Software Developer
http://surf.to/binary

"CAPS Central" <produ...@capscentral.com> wrote in message

> Has anyone any experience with the following?

> We need to allow the user to design reports, or forms.

> We let them place the forms in a table.

> We need to be able to create on the fly the form whose name is in the
> table.

> Inprise indicates that the form must be registered at design time. That
> can't be true because other languages such as Paradox allow us to open
> forms whose names are in a table.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks,
> Joe @ capscentral