MS SQL Text datatype & ADO

Have anybody tried to retrieve text field of 10K or so from SQL server usind
ADO ?
After reading each next record using TADOQuery.Next I get either 4K+ garbage
or 8K+garbage.
I have not been working with large objects before.
Do I have to take something special into account ?

Vlad Gonchar

Re:MS SQL Text datatype & ADO

"Vlad Gonchar" <Vl...@Frogware.com> wrote in message

> Have anybody tried to retrieve text field of 10K or so from SQL server
usind
> ADO ?
> After reading each next record using TADOQuery.Next I get either 4K+
garbage
> or 8K+garbage.
> I have not been working with large objects before.
> Do I have to take something special into account ?

Sorry, guys

ADO is OK.
Reason was in Delphi evaluator - it takes only 4096 valid data + garbage to
actual size of field.

Vlad Gonchar

Other Threads