Word documents as resources

I am a programmer, using Delphi 2 and I am trying to include a word document
as a resource inside my final executable file. I know that with image editor
you can include cursors, icons, bitmaps as resources, but how do I do that
with a .doc file? Please reply to fpene...@ssdnet.com.ar... thank you very
much...

Fernando

Re:Word documents as resources

fpene...@ssdnet.com.ar wrote in message <739e5b$vv...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>I am a programmer, using Delphi 2 and I am trying to include a word
document
>as a resource inside my final executable file. I know that with image
editor
>you can include cursors, icons, bitmaps as resources, but how do I do that
>with a .doc file? Please reply to fpene...@ssdnet.com.ar... thank you very
>much...

Use ShellAPI to execute a *.Doc file.

Marko
---------------
m...@sepcoinc.com

: fpene...@ssdnet.com.ar wrote:
>I am a programmer, using Delphi 2 and I am trying to include a word document
>as a resource inside my final executable file. I know that with image editor
>you can include cursors, icons, bitmaps as resources, but how do I do that
>with a .doc file?

Use BRCC32 to build a RES file from an RC file:

/********** begin file **********/

YourWordDocument RCDATA "worddoc.doc"

/********** end file **********/

Compile, $R it, done.

--
Stefan Hoffmeister    (http://www.econos.de/)
No private email, please, unless expressly invited.

fpene...@ssdnet.com.ar wrote:

> I am a programmer, using Delphi 2 and I am trying to include a word document
> as a resource inside my final executable file. I know that with image editor
> you can include cursors, icons, bitmaps as resources, but how do I do that
> with a .doc file? Please reply to fpene...@ssdnet.com.ar... thank you very
> much...

You could also stream the .DOC to a .DAT file, and LoadFromStream at
runtime.

Rkr

--
                   \|||/
                   /'^'\

Re:Word documents as resources

Fernando,

This might not be an option to you, but the MS Developer Studio let's you
import custom resource types.

In this way you can import the DOC as a custom resource type. This resource
file can later be compiled with your Delphi-project.

Sincerely,

Fred Jansma.

fpene...@ssdnet.com.ar wrote in message <739e5b$vv...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>I am a programmer, using Delphi 2 and I am trying to include a word
document
>as a resource inside my final executable file. I know that with image
editor
>you can include cursors, icons, bitmaps as resources, but how do I do that
>with a .doc file? Please reply to fpene...@ssdnet.com.ar... thank you very
>much...

>Fernando

>http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own