Disappearing bitmaps on the taskbar buttons

I built my app using Delphi 4.0 Proffesional.
I did build on the machine with color palette set to True Color (32
bit).

I created ActionList, with actions linked to the menu and to Toolbar
buttons.
I added some images to the image list to be displayed on the buttons and
on the menu items.

The problem is following:

after installing my app on the machine which displays only 256 colors,
some of the buttons don't display images - they are just gray buttons,
without any graphics on them.

What's weird is that the corresponding menu items do display associated
images.

I cannot understand this behavior.

I wrote that "some of the buttons" - to be precise, only those buttons
for which I created my own bitmaps (i.e. I created the bitmaps manually
using PaintShop Pro). They use maximum of 6 colors.

How to fix this problem?

Re:Disappearing bitmaps on the taskbar buttons

Disappearing of buttons - rather strange!

My experiences were a bit different, but I still
am looking for a satisfying solution.

My application did not show any icons on several clients.
But commercial application run well.
So I created a simple SDI application without any functions.
It turned out to show all the standard buttons included in
the imagelist comopnent.

So when shipping the next update I generated all of my
user defined icons a second time and saved them in 256 color
format but they contained only 2 or 3 colors.
Since then some of the clients showed the icons.
But there ist still one of them which does not display any
of the icons.

The answer cannot be getting a new display driver for that
client because all of the office applications are running well.

Waiting for any helpful hint ...

Klaus

> I built my app using Delphi 4.0 Proffesional.
> I did build on the machine with color palette set to True Color (32
> bit).

> I created ActionList, with actions linked to the menu and to Toolbar
> buttons.
> I added some images to the image list to be displayed on the buttons and
> on the menu items.

> The problem is following:

> after installing my app on the machine which displays only 256 colors,
> some of the buttons don't display images - they are just gray buttons,
> without any graphics on them.

> What's weird is that the corresponding menu items do display associated
> images.

> I cannot understand this behavior.

> I wrote that "some of the buttons" - to be precise, only those buttons
> for which I created my own bitmaps (i.e. I created the bitmaps manually
> using PaintShop Pro). They use maximum of 6 colors.

> How to fix this problem?

Other Threads