Delphi 3, Cached Updates and Access 97

I am having problems when accessing Access97 database tables
from delphi 3, with cached updates  turned on.

I have a master query doing a simple select, a detail query with
a join on two tables and update SQL components.

When I try to set either of the querys to active I get the message:

"General SQL error.  Operation is not supported for this type of object"

I get this message even if I only have one query doing a simple select
as well.

Any Ideas on how to solve this??

I have tried BDE 4.01 and 4.51 with no success

Re:Delphi 3, Cached Updates and Access 97