Win32.hlp in Delphi 3.0 and Borland C++

I am running Delphi 3.0 and have just installed Boralnd C++ 4.52. The problem is
that when I now pressed the Win32 help speed button in Delphi it brings up the
older Win32 help file installed with BC45. I have managed to rectify this by
replacing BC45's Win32.hlp (in the bin directory) with Delphi's.
        Can I configure it so that each program executes the help file version that
came with them? I don't understand why Delphi brings up a file that exist in
BC45's directory.
        I have searched the registry for every occurence of "Win32.hlp", but have
found nothing wrong. I have also edited Winhelp.ini so that Win32.hlp no longer
refers to BC45\Bin, yet the same thing happens.
        Has anyone else experieneced the same problem, or have any ideas?

mail to david...@{*word*269}.net

Re:Win32.hlp in Delphi 3.0 and Borland C++

David Ku wrote:
> I am running Delphi 3.0 and have just installed Boralnd C++ 4.52. The
> problem is
> that when I now pressed the Win32 help speed button in Delphi it brings up
> the
> older Win32 help file installed with BC45. I have managed to rectify this by

> replacing BC45's Win32.hlp (in the bin directory) with Delphi's.
>         Can I configure it so that each program executes the help file
> version that
> came with them? I don't understand why Delphi brings up a file that exist in

> BC45's directory.
>         I have searched the registry for every occurence of "Win32.hlp", but
> have
> found nothing wrong. I have also edited Winhelp.ini so that Win32.hlp no
> longer
> refers to BC45\Bin, yet the same thing happens.
>         Has anyone else experieneced the same problem, or have any ideas?

I'm not sure, but look at the PATH= line in autoexec.bat and see which bin
directory is listed first.  Just a random thought.

regards,

Barry

Other Threads