Chage Data Field Name - Things To Do?

Hi all.

Every time I change a Data Field Name, on my database ( MS Access ), the
objects ( on Delphi ) that points to that table seems to get mad...

Have you any rule to follow when someone alters a Data Field Name on
database?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,

        Joaquim.

Re:Chage Data Field Name - Things To Do?

Hi, Joaquim.

Look at http://w3.to/tonevsoft

Gratitude.

ps. I'm sorry for my very bad English.
--
Petio Tonev
pto...@iname.com

Re:Chage Data Field Name - Things To Do?

>Every time I change a Data Field Name, on my database ( MS Access ), the
>objects ( on Delphi ) that points to that table seems to get mad...

>Have you any rule to follow when someone alters a Data Field Name on
>database?

This falls under the "If it hurts don't do it"  Rule.
You can't have much of a database application if you don't know what the field
names are.  If you are just using Grid components you can get away with not
creating permanent Tfield.   Your grid will then reflect any field name changes
but that is about all you can do with a table that isn't stable.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads