Does BDE16 and BDE32 work together?

I am writing a database application using Delphi 4 Client Server and of
course BDE 32. I am going to install the application on PC that is
attached on a  Novell 4.11 server. The version of the client32 on the PC
is  3.1 with Service Pack2. The computer that will run the application
is using Win95 and also it is running a Delphi 1 application with BDE16
and unfortunately I can not recompile it using  Delphi4. Does anybody
know if BDE16 works OK with BDE32? I would appreciate any comments or
suggestions.

Regards,

Nick Tentomas

Re:Does BDE16 and BDE32 work together?

I use Novell Netware 5 with the Microsoft Client.
I still have D1 16 bit running with D3 32 bit on this machine.
No problem.  Remember though that you  must use separate
bde adminstators 16 bit and 32 bit and all must point to
same net directory.

NTentoma <nick.tento...@dal.ca> wrote in message

> I am writing a database application using Delphi 4 Client Server and of
> course BDE 32. I am going to install the application on PC that is
> attached on a  Novell 4.11 server. The version of the client32 on the PC
> is  3.1 with Service Pack2. The computer that will run the application
> is using Win95 and also it is running a Delphi 1 application with BDE16
> and unfortunately I can not recompile it using  Delphi4. Does anybody
> know if BDE16 works OK with BDE32? I would appreciate any comments or
> suggestions.

> Regards,

> Nick Tentomas

Re:Does BDE16 and BDE32 work together?

The 16 and 32 bit BDE's can both be used simultaneously on the same machine.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB