disabling tabs in a page control

Hi,

Can the tabs of a page control be disabled, so that movement can be directed
by buttons (as like a wizard). I still want the tabs showing to give the
user feedback of where they are in the process.

TIA,
Lifa.

Re:disabling tabs in a page control

Lifa,

"lifa" <lifasm...@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

> Can the tabs of a page control be disabled, so that movement can be
directed
> by buttons (as like a wizard). I still want the tabs showing to give
the
> user feedback of where they are in the process.

No, I'm afraid not... Disabling the tab would disable the page itself.

You can hide the tabs, though, and simply put a label on each page with
the caption 'Page x of y', or something similar.

Ken
---
Ken White
kwh...@adpsi.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi and C++ Builder
http://www.adpsi.com

Re:disabling tabs in a page control

In article <3e6f3...@newsgroups.borland.com>, lifasm...@tpg.com.au
says...

> Hi,

> Can the tabs of a page control be disabled, so that movement can be directed
> by buttons (as like a wizard). I still want the tabs showing to give the
> user feedback of where they are in the process.

Set the TabVisible property for the TabSheets to False and then you can
have access via the PageControl.Pages [x] property...

lifa wrote:
> Can the tabs of a page control be disabled, so that movement can be directed
> by buttons (as like a wizard). I still want the tabs showing to give the
> user feedback of where they are in the process.

There are two options.
1) you can process OnChanging (?) event to prevent switching.
2) take ElPageControl (http://www.eldos.com/elpack/elpgctl.html) which
supports this and much much more.

--
Eugene Mayevski
Free cross-platform data exchange framework

Other Threads