App instance check

How can I make my App check if there is already an Instance of itself
running? And if the check is "positive", it should somehow know the
Handle of the first Instance, so I can set up communication via Messages
to exchange data.

Thilo.

Re:App instance check

Kauschke wrote:
> How can I make my App check if there is already an Instance of itself
> running? And if the check is "positive", it should somehow know the
> Handle of the first Instance, so I can set up communication via Messages
> to exchange data.

> Thilo.

Hi,
Look at http://www.force927.com/help/
I wrote there an tutorial on how to check the instance, and if
I remember it right, you can also get the handle of the window,
otherwise drop me a mail.

Yours,
Sander van de Merwe

Re:App instance check

If you just want to do something simple (ie restore the already
running instance), I have some code. If you want to do some "real"
communication, this code would be pretty lousy.

Scott

Kauschke wrote in message <36CD8EBA.9E669...@T-online.DE>...
>How can I make my App check if there is already an Instance of itself
>running? And if the check is "positive", it should somehow know the
>Handle of the first Instance, so I can set up communication via
Messages
>to exchange data.

>Thilo.

Other Threads