WATH DOES "FAQ" MEANS

SOMEONE HAS REPLEYED TO MY MESAGE WITH FAQ.
WHATH DOES IT MEAN?

Re:WATH DOES "FAQ" MEANS

   It means "Frequently Asked Question(s)" - queries which have been
asked (and answered here, as well as Timo Salmi's TSPFAQ archive) many,
many (MANY!) times.  It also means that you should acquire and read the
FAQ before you post such questions here - especially cross-posting to
multiple NewsGroups.
   You will save yourself a lot of time and effort if you use the FAQ
(and you will reduce the amount of spurious 'Net traffic when you do
so...).
> SOMEONE HAS REPLEYED TO MY MESAGE WITH FAQ.
> WHATH DOES IT MEAN?

Re:WATH DOES "FAQ" MEANS

Jo?o Pedro heeft geschreven in bericht <73h21o$mm...@duke.telepac.pt>...

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 13:51:50 -0000, "Jo?o Pedro" <j....@usa.net>
wrote:

>SOMEONE HAS REPLEYED TO MY MESAGE WITH FAQ.
>WHATH DOES IT MEAN?

Frequently Asked Questions

The Coder's Knowledge Base
http://www.netalive.org/ckb

Re:WATH DOES "FAQ" MEANS

In article <73h21o$mm...@duke.telepac.pt>,
  "Jo?o Pedro" <j....@usa.net> wrote:
> SOMEONE HAS REPLEYED TO MY MESAGE WITH FAQ.
> WHATH DOES IT MEAN?

FAQ stands for
Frequently Asked Questions.
there you go.

Re:WATH DOES "FAQ" MEANS

Jo?o Pedro wrote:

> SOMEONE HAS REPLEYED TO MY MESAGE WITH FAQ.
> WHATH DOES IT MEAN?

While you got several proper answers, I will asseet the
other meaning is:

"Forgotten Answers To Questions"

Joe
--
Joe C. Hecht
joehe...@gte.net

Re:WATH DOES "FAQ" MEANS

"Jo?o Pedro" wrote:
> SOMEONE HAS REPLEYED TO MY MESAGE WITH FAQ.
> WHATH DOES IT MEAN?

I guess I was "Someone". Don't worry, it was not an insult, just an
abbreviation. :-)

Re:WATH DOES "FAQ" MEANS

Frederic wrote:

> "Jo?o Pedro" wrote:

> > SOMEONE HAS REPLEYED TO MY MESAGE WITH FAQ.
> > WHATH DOES IT MEAN?

> I guess I was "Someone". Don't worry, it was not an insult, just an
> abbreviation. :-)

I recall that at one time, years ago, someone asked a frequently
asked question just once too often, and was e-mailed copies of
the FAQ by a startlingly large number of people.  This was
referred to as being "gang-FAQed".  Oh, well, by now I suppose
he knows what FAQ means and where to find it...

  Al Moore

Re:WATH DOES "FAQ" MEANS

No, no no, you're all wrong.
I can't believe none of you knew the real answer...

FAQ is not initials, it is read "Fa - Q" or "Fah cue"
Some people even say "Fu ckyou"

-Vonnegut

Re:WATH DOES "FAQ" MEANS

JRS:  In article <73h21o$mm...@duke.telepac.pt> of Wed, 25 Nov 1998
13:51:50 in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Jo?o Pedro <j....@usa.net>
wrote:

>SOMEONE HAS REPLEYED TO MY MESAGE WITH FAQ.
>WHATH DOES IT MEAN?

I see that the previous four respondents have omitted to indicate the
location of the FAQ - see my sig. below.

Mike - could you let me know the (generally) non-working weekdays in
America at about this time of year (+- a week)?  Thanks.

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v4.00    MIME.
  Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - TP/BP/&c. FAQqish topics & links.

Re:WATH DOES "FAQ" MEANS

   Thursday/Friday, November 26/26 (our Thanksgiving holiday - Thursday -
and most employers give the following Friday off...which then becomes the
busiest and most chaotic Christmas shopping day of the year).
   December 24/25 - Christmas Eve/Day
   December 31 (to a degree...certainly early "dismissal", at worst) -
New Years Eve
   Then, there're many situations like mine, where employees have so much
unused accrued vacation time at the end of the year, (they) wind up
taking it for much of December 8<}}.  In my case, I have 12.5 days (half
of my yearly vacation) left.  <sigh...>
   Hope this answers your query.
> Mike - could you let me know the (generally) non-working weekdays in
> America at about this time of year (+- a week)?  Thanks.

Re:WATH DOES "FAQ" MEANS

Vonnegut [mailto:Dr_Paul_Prot...@hotmail.com] decided it was an
auspicious moment for:

>No, no no, you're all wrong.
>I can't believe none of you knew the real answer...

>FAQ is not initials, it is read "Fa - Q" or "Fah cue"

Please crawl back under your stone, other posters were accurate.

--
Pedt

In Idle village (near Bradford), do they have an Idle Working Mens Club ?

Re:WATH DOES "FAQ" MEANS

In article <GzUd3GAwVRY2Y...@pedt.demon.co.uk>,

Pedt Scragg <newsmas...@pedt.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>FAQ is not initials, it is read "Fa - Q" or "Fah cue"

>Please crawl back under your stone, other posters were accurate.

Oh for chrissake, get over yourself. He was being sarcastic, moron.

--

= Blackdeath - s_honsber...@13usa.net
== http://sprk.com/blackdeath

... When God gave brains out... he did not guarantee them.
-!- GOPGP/2 v1.20

Re:WATH DOES "FAQ" MEANS

>SOMEONE HAS REPLEYED TO MY MESAGE WITH FAQ.
>WHATH DOES IT MEAN?

Frequently Asked Questions

Other Threads