'No matching DOM vendor' when calling NewXMLDocument from inside a DLL

Hello,

when I call xml := NewXmlDocument from inside
a DLL I get the exception 'No matching DOM vendor'.
In a normal exe application it runs fine with MSXML.
Do I have to initialize something in a DLL that
is automatically done in an application?

TIA,
Joachim

[1] actually I get 'kein uebereinstimmender DOM-Hersteller'

Re:'No matching DOM vendor' when calling NewXMLDocument from inside a DLL

You might need to call coinitialize(nil)-- but that is just a guess. If
you do-- make sure to call couninitialize when you are finished-- the
initialization and finalization sections work well for this type of thing.

All the best,
Jeff Rafter

"Jeff Rafter" <n...@no.com> wrote:
> You might need to call coinitialize(nil)-- but that is
> just a guess. If you do-- make sure to call couninitialize
> when you are finished-- the initialization and finalization
> sections work well for this type of thing.

After a couple of hours work the problem disappeared.
I could not reproduce it. Thank you, I'll
store your advice for the future.

Regards,
Joachim

Re:'No matching DOM vendor' when calling NewXMLDocument from inside a DLL

It may have disappeared if you included another component in the DLL
where coinitialize was being called thus solving your problem. But
still, this is just a guess...

All the best,
Jeff Rafter

Re:'No matching DOM vendor' when calling NewXMLDocument from inside a DLL

See my notes in the "Using interface style with OpenXML" thread on how to
manually get the MSXML DOM vendor registered for your DLL.

"John Clements" <jcleme...@apexwin.com> wrote:
> See my notes in the "Using interface style with OpenXML"
> thread on how to manually get the MSXML DOM vendor registered
> for your DLL.

Thank you. Stored for future problems.

Regards
Joachim