Can't install Delphi 6 Enterprise Update Patch #2

The installation errors out and tells me that I have 0 bytes available on my
hard drive, but I have approximately 5 gig available.  If I choose to
continue it just starts throwing exceptions.  Is there a fix???

-Lauren kinkead
Formula Corporation

Re:Can't install Delphi 6 Enterprise Update Patch #2

Lauren,

How much hard drive space do you have available in your c: drive?

What OS are you installing on?  Have you tried updating your version of
Microsoft Windows Installer?  Did you disable any virus protection running in
the background prior to installing?

Try these suggestions and if you are still having problems post the exceptions
that are being thrown along with any error codes.

Lauren kinkead wrote:
> The installation errors out and tells me that I have 0 bytes available on my
> hard drive, but I have approximately 5 gig available.  If I choose to
> continue it just starts throwing exceptions.

Regards,
Angel

--
Please visit our online support pages at
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/

 Angel Martinez (Borland Software Corporation)

 http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:Can't install Delphi 6 Enterprise Update Patch #2

I have 5.26 GB available on my c drive.  I'm running Windows 2000
professional with Service Pack 1.  I downloaded and installed Microsoft
Windows Installer 2.0.  And I disabled virus protection.

It gets further, to where it shows the progress bar at 0%, but then throws
the following two exceptions:

1st Exception
Error Copying Files
Component:  Program Files\Main Program Files
File:
Error: -145

2nd Exception  (This is the exact syntax)
"ComponentMoveData had the following error:

"+
          "Media Name:
Component:  Program Files\Main Program Files
File Group: Program Built Files
"+
           "File:
Error Number: -145 (refer to the online help)"

Any help is much appreciated,
Lauren kinkead
Formula Corporation

"Angel Martinez (Borland)" <supporti...@borland.com> wrote in message

> Lauren,

> How much hard drive space do you have available in your c: drive?

> What OS are you installing on?  Have you tried updating your version of
> Microsoft Windows Installer?  Did you disable any virus protection running
in
> the background prior to installing?

> Try these suggestions and if you are still having problems post the
exceptions
> that are being thrown along with any error codes.

> Lauren kinkead wrote:

> > The installation errors out and tells me that I have 0 bytes available
on my
> > hard drive, but I have approximately 5 gig available.  If I choose to
> > continue it just starts throwing exceptions.

> Regards,
> Angel

> --
> Please visit our online support pages at
> http://www.borland.com/devsupport/

>  Angel Martinez (Borland Software Corporation)

>  http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html
>  http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Re:Can't install Delphi 6 Enterprise Update Patch #2

Lauren,

Check out this article I wrote concerning this issue:

http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,28061,00.html

Let me know if that resolves this issue.

Lauren kinkead wrote:
> 1st Exception
> Error Copying Files
> Component:  Program Files\Main Program Files
> File:
> Error: -145

Regards,
Angel

--
Please visit our online support pages at
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/

 Angel Martinez (Borland Software Corporation)

 http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:Can't install Delphi 6 Enterprise Update Patch #2

GREAT!  That worked.  Thanks Angel!!!