Advice needed to integrate Delphi with CA-Visual objects (multi Post)

Hi All

I am doing the following... use a dummy ActiveX form to create "real" delphi
forms as follows:
<< on create form of Active Form >>

New := TForm1.create(self.parent);
New.Parent := self.parent;
New.visible := true;

Next thing I need to do is make this form a MDI child of a CA-Visual Objects
MDI MainForm. This is where I'm stuck.

So in short... I'm using a Delphi AX form to interface to other Delphi forms
which should all be children of a  CA-Visual Objects  MDI Mainform so that
we can transparently integrate modules written in Delphi, to eventually get
rid of  Visual Objects.

I might be going the wrong way , so any input & ideas will be MUCH
appreciated

Thanks

George

Re:Advice needed to integrate Delphi with CA-Visual objects (multi Post)

You might run into problems with windows messages and focus messages not
working correctly so I would probably not spend too much time on this
solution once you encounter these types of problems. Other than that, I have
no experience with VO.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
http://www.techvanguards.com

"George" <george...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3a2b2daa_1@dnews...
> Hi All

> I am doing the following... use a dummy ActiveX form to create "real"
delphi
> forms as follows:
> << on create form of Active Form >>

> New := TForm1.create(self.parent);
> New.Parent := self.parent;
> New.visible := true;

> Next thing I need to do is make this form a MDI child of a CA-Visual
Objects
> MDI MainForm. This is where I'm stuck.

> So in short... I'm using a Delphi AX form to interface to other Delphi
forms
> which should all be children of a  CA-Visual Objects  MDI Mainform so that
> we can transparently integrate modules written in Delphi, to eventually
get
> rid of  Visual Objects.

> I might be going the wrong way , so any input & ideas will be MUCH
> appreciated

> Thanks

> George

Re:Advice needed to integrate Delphi with CA-Visual objects (multi Post)

Set the parent of your ActiveForm to the handle of the MDIWindow.
This makes my project a child window of the Outlook Express Window:

var
  hwndOE: Hwnd;
begin
  if TButton(Sender).Tag = 0 then
  begin
    hwndOE := FindWindow('Outlook Express Browser Class', nil);
    Windows.SetParent(Handle, hwndOE);
    TButton(Sender).Tag := 1;
  end
  else
    Close;

Binh Ly <b...@techvanguards.com> wrote in message news:3a2db2f9$1_1@dnews...
> You might run into problems with windows messages and focus messages not
> working correctly so I would probably not spend too much time on this
> solution once you encounter these types of problems. Other than that, I have
> no experience with VO.

> have fun
> --
> Binh Ly
> http://www.techvanguards.com

> "George" <george...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3a2b2daa_1@dnews...
> > Hi All

> > I am doing the following... use a dummy ActiveX form to create "real"
> delphi
> > forms as follows:
> > << on create form of Active Form >>

> > New := TForm1.create(self.parent);
> > New.Parent := self.parent;
> > New.visible := true;

> > Next thing I need to do is make this form a MDI child of a CA-Visual
> Objects
> > MDI MainForm. This is where I'm stuck.

> > So in short... I'm using a Delphi AX form to interface to other Delphi
> forms
> > which should all be children of a  CA-Visual Objects  MDI Mainform so that
> > we can transparently integrate modules written in Delphi, to eventually
> get
> > rid of  Visual Objects.

> > I might be going the wrong way , so any input & ideas will be MUCH
> > appreciated

> > Thanks

> > George

Other Threads