can not edit VARCHAR field represented with DBMemo

Hi!!!

I'm using Delpi 4 and SQL 7.
I have a field named REMARK of type VARCHAR(100). In Delhi I represent this
field with DBMemo. The problem is I can not write any thing in this DMMemo
in Edit Mode eventhough I can write/change the content of this field in
Insert Mode.

Do you know why does it happen and do you have any idea about how I can
overcome this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Re:can not edit VARCHAR field represented with DBMemo

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:38:18 +0300, "Ipek Guven"

<ipekgu...@multima-cerebrum.com> wrote:
>I'm using Delpi 4 and SQL 7.
>I have a field named REMARK of type VARCHAR(100). In Delhi I represent this
>field with DBMemo. The problem is I can not write any thing in this DMMemo
>in Edit Mode eventhough I can write/change the content of this field in
>Insert Mode.

Does the login have Update permissions?

And why not change it to 'text' rather than 'varchar', anyway.

Daniel J. Wojcik
****************
http://www.genjerdan.com

programming, and other things best done in private

Re:can not edit VARCHAR field represented with DBMemo

This happens when you have the column names in mixed case. (e.g. Remark).
You must make sure that they are in upper, and the SQL statement is in upper
as well

--
Adroit Software Ltd
------------------------------

Ipek Guven wrote in message <7n6rmv$ls...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi!!!

>I'm using Delpi 4 and SQL 7.
>I have a field named REMARK of type VARCHAR(100). In Delhi I represent this
>field with DBMemo. The problem is I can not write any thing in this DMMemo
>in Edit Mode eventhough I can write/change the content of this field in
>Insert Mode.

>Do you know why does it happen and do you have any idea about how I can
>overcome this problem?

>Thanks for your help.

Other Threads