GET URL PAGE / PARSE / SET FORM VAR / POST / SAVE ASP SESSION

I'm trying to automate some web site activities, and have read what I can
find, but can't seem to zero in on an approach to do what I need.

First... I want to GET a url homepage that has name/password form fields,
and also a bunch of hidden form fields.  I want to programmatically specify
the values of the name and password fields, leave everything else alone, and
trigger the POST action for the form.  I'm assuming this means I need to use
some form IE control like EmbeddedWB vice the Indy IDhtml component where I
would have to build the whole post content...  Can I specify field values
using EmbeddedWB, or is there a better way?  Does a component exist that
reads an html page, parses it, allows you to specify field values, and Posts
it just like IE would?

Second...  I want to get the RESULTS of the post ASP output, and attach the
ASP session ID somehow to my future GETS sent to this site.  I need to do
this just like IE would do it so it allows me access based on the original
name/password validation.  I'm lost on how to do this.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks.  /steve

Re:GET URL PAGE / PARSE / SET FORM VAR / POST / SAVE ASP SESSION

Simon...  Thank you for taking so much time to help point me in the right
direction.  I will work on this with the Indy IDhttp component, and am
looking forward to getting the packet sniffer and seeing how it all works.

Appreciate it.
/steve

Other Threads