Delphi 3 Installation Problem

I have installed Delphi 3 on my Windows98 workstation - and it installed
fine. But - after restarting and running it, it starts up - but the computer
freezes when it reaches the splash screen - like in solid stall, requiring
me to cold reboot the PC.

Any known problems/issues I should know about?

Thanks :)

Ernest

Re:Delphi 3 Installation Problem

On Wed, 26 May 1999 01:14:48 +0200, "Ernest L?tter"

<12771...@narga.sun.ac.za> wrote:
>I have installed Delphi 3 on my Windows98 workstation - and it installed
>fine. But - after restarting and running it, it starts up - but the computer
>freezes when it reaches the splash screen - like in solid stall, requiring
>me to cold reboot the PC.

>Any known problems/issues I should know about?

>Thanks :)

>Ernest

Hi :)

Which graphic card do you have on Pc?

There are similar problems with some graphic cards (primary S3). If
this is teh problem then try to find new drivers for your graphic card
or in Control Panel slow down acceleration of graphic card.

Do you have Delphi 3.00, 3.01 or 3.02? If you have older version,
maybe new patch can help also...

Shalom,
Mladen Kuzminski

Mladen Kuzminski
BORLAND / INPRISE distribucija
KONTO d.o.o. Pozega, Ured Varazdin
042/313-608, 313-609

mailto:borl...@konto.hr
http://www.konto.hr

LEGALNO JE SIGURNO! BSA g.i.u.
http://www.bsa.hr
mailto:hotl...@bsa.hr

Re:Delphi 3 Installation Problem

I had the same problem, try to change the video driver with a standard Vga,
if that works the problem is located. I have just changed the driver with a
newer...
Ciao,
J.

Re:Delphi 3 Installation Problem

That's possible : I do have the S3 Virge/DX card : I'll check the driver.

Ernest

Other Threads