De{*word*81} not stepping

Ever since I upgraded Delphi C/S from 2.0 to 2.01, the de{*word*81} doesn't
stop on exceptions, sort of.

The de{*word*81} does break but it places itself on the line after the
routine which actually had the exception not on the line which actually
caused the exception. This makes it a lot harder to track down exactly
where the exception occured. I've tried turning debug on in all modules
and rebuilding everything.  Any ideas?
--
John Parrott
Elysium Financial Systems

Re:De{*word*81} not stepping

John Parrott wrote:

> Ever since I upgraded Delphi C/S from 2.0 to 2.01, the de{*word*81} doesn't
> stop on exceptions, sort of.

> The de{*word*81} does break but it places itself on the line after the
> routine which actually had the exception not on the line which actually
> caused the exception. This makes it a lot harder to track down exactly
> where the exception occured. I've tried turning debug on in all modules
> and rebuilding everything.  Any ideas?

No, but it looks like the problem that I encountered:
The de{*word*81} does not break at all after upgrading Delphi Developer
from 2.0 to 2.01. The only way to stop is CNTRL-ALT-DEL, and killing
the Delphi program (which is "not responding" at that point).

Currently Borland is looking into this problem.

--
Hans Verbeek
hverb...@dutch.nl

Re:De{*word*81} not stepping

In article <326D69D9.7...@nlthcl.bcs.cs.philips.com>, swh_verb...@nlthcl.bcs.cs.philips.com wrote:
>John Parrott wrote:

>> Ever since I upgraded Delphi C/S from 2.0 to 2.01, the de{*word*81} doesn't
>> stop on exceptions, sort of.

>> The de{*word*81} does break but it places itself on the line after the
>> routine which actually had the exception not on the line which actually
>> caused the exception. This makes it a lot harder to track down exactly
>> where the exception occured. I've tried turning debug on in all modules
>> and rebuilding everything.  Any ideas?

>No, but it looks like the problem that I encountered:
>The de{*word*81} does not break at all after upgrading Delphi Developer
>from 2.0 to 2.01. The only way to stop is CNTRL-ALT-DEL, and killing
>the Delphi program (which is "not responding" at that point).

The solution to this is to do one more step. If you do a CTRL-F2 after this,
in 95% if the cases it will go right.

You have to press F9, enter F9 for the next run however (Failes to set debug
hooks).

R.E. den Braasem (aka The Graphical Gnome)
(r...@ktibv.nl)

Senior Software Engineer

Re:De{*word*81} not stepping

I have had this same problem also. I solved it by removing QEMM from my
system. It seems that third party memory managers are hell on Delphi's
de{*word*81}.
--

=============================
D. Tim Brown

The Graphical Gnome <r...@ktibv.nl> wrote in article
<Dzq1p8....@ktibv.nl>...

> In article <326D69D9.7...@nlthcl.bcs.cs.philips.com>,
swh_verb...@nlthcl.bcs.cs.philips.com wrote:
> >John Parrott wrote:

> >> Ever since I upgraded Delphi C/S from 2.0 to 2.01, the de{*word*81}
doesn't
> >> stop on exceptions, sort of.

> >> The de{*word*81} does break but it places itself on the line after the
> >> routine which actually had the exception not on the line which
actually
> >> caused the exception. This makes it a lot harder to track down exactly
> >> where the exception occured. I've tried turning debug on in all
modules
> >> and rebuilding everything.  Any ideas?

> >No, but it looks like the problem that I encountered:
> >The de{*word*81} does not break at all after upgrading Delphi Developer
> >from 2.0 to 2.01. The only way to stop is CNTRL-ALT-DEL, and killing
> >the Delphi program (which is "not responding" at that point).
> The solution to this is to do one more step. If you do a CTRL-F2 after
this,
> in 95% if the cases it will go right.

> You have to press F9, enter F9 for the next run however (Failes to set
debug
> hooks).

> R.E. den Braasem (aka The Graphical Gnome)
> (r...@ktibv.nl)

> Senior Software Engineer

Other Threads