Access ODBC commit read lock failure!!

Has any anyone had the "commit lock failed due to outstanding read lock" ODBC
driver message error. I can edit the record and move around it. The database
is biblio.mdb and I am using the TTable component to access the DB.

I can add a record from VB to the DB and there are no other users working
with it.

I'm kinda stumped on this one??

Thanx and happy new year to all!!!

Steve Plotkin
Tierra Software Systems
http://www.{*word*104}space.com/~tierra

Re:Access ODBC commit read lock failure!!

tie...@{*word*104}space.com (Steve Plotkin) wrote:
>Has any anyone had the "commit lock failed due to outstanding read lock" ODBC
>driver message error. I can edit the record and move around it. The database
>is biblio.mdb and I am using the TTable component to access the DB.

>I can add a record from VB to the DB and there are no other users working
>with it.

Update your odbc drivers!!!!

I had the same problem before I updated my drivers to v2.0. (You can get
them from Microsoft).

hope I helped! (e-mail me if you need more help).

-------------------------------------
E-mail: miku...@netvision.net.il
Tal Sliwowicz
-------------------------------------

Re:Access ODBC commit read lock failure!!

tie...@{*word*104}space.com (Steve Plotkin) wrote:
>Has any anyone had the "commit lock failed due to outstanding read lock" ODBC
>driver message error. I can edit the record and move around it. The database
>is biblio.mdb and I am using the TTable component to access the DB.

>I can add a record from VB to the DB and there are no other users working
>with it.

Update your odbc drivers!!!!

I had the same problem before I updated my drivers to v2.0. (You can get
them from Microsoft).

hope I helped! (e-mail me if you need more help).

-------------------------------------
E-mail: miku...@netvision.net.il
Tal Sliwowicz
-------------------------------------

Re:Access ODBC commit read lock failure!!

tie...@{*word*104}space.com (Steve Plotkin) wrote:
>Has any anyone had the "commit lock failed due to outstanding read lock" ODBC
>driver message error. I can edit the record and move around it. The database
>is biblio.mdb and I am using the TTable component to access the DB.

>I can add a record from VB to the DB and there are no other users working
>with it.

Update your odbc drivers!!!!

I had the same problem before I updated my drivers to v2.0. (You can get
them from Microsoft).

hope I helped! (e-mail me if you need more help).

-------------------------------------
E-mail: miku...@netvision.net.il
Tal Sliwowicz
-------------------------------------

Re:Access ODBC commit read lock failure!!

tie...@{*word*104}space.com (Steve Plotkin) wrote:
>Has any anyone had the "commit lock failed due to outstanding read lock" ODBC
>driver message error. I can edit the record and move around it. The database
>is biblio.mdb and I am using the TTable component to access the DB.

>I can add a record from VB to the DB and there are no other users working
>with it.

Update your odbc drivers!!!!

I had the same problem before I updated my drivers to v2.0. (You can get
them from Microsoft).

hope I helped! (e-mail me if you need more help).

-------------------------------------
E-mail: miku...@netvision.net.il
Tal Sliwowicz
-------------------------------------

Re:Access ODBC commit read lock failure!!

tie...@{*word*104}space.com (Steve Plotkin) wrote:
>Has any anyone had the "commit lock failed due to outstanding read lock" ODBC
>driver message error. I can edit the record and move around it. The database
>is biblio.mdb and I am using the TTable component to access the DB.

>I can add a record from VB to the DB and there are no other users working
>with it.

>I'm kinda stumped on this one??

Pay very careful attention to what all your screens are doing over ODBC to
this database. Look at the "open exclusive" settings. I'm going to guess you
have multiple forms or tables that access this database, and that you're not
closing them all.

Try simply putting tablename.open and tablename.close on the enter and close
form handlers for each form. You might want to also try running the app cold
(for the first time) and going STRAIGHT to that table w/o doing any other
dbase access and see if it gives you the same error.

The error sounds like another table opened the record exclusively.
 Donald Alan Whiteside     MDCC Wage slave     School of Computer Science
         Official Usenet Dork for the week of Jan 9-13, 1995
      GCS d-- -p+(---) l u+(-) e+ m+ s !n h f g+ w+ t+(++) r- y++
          "The universe is not in the habit of giving up
       explanations to cursory examinations" - Garth Thornton