Problem putting a query into Access and strange problem (second post)

Hello Everyone!

I am encountering problems with a query in my program and would appreciate
some help.  The query is shown below.

SELECT [Event List Order].Position, EvRestable.Pos, EvRestable.TableNum,
RNumbers.RNumber, [AgeName]+' '+[EventName]+' '+[RoundName] AS [All],
[FName]+' '+[Sname] AS AthName, Results.PerText, Clubs.ClubAbb,
EvRestable.ResultID, Events.EvType, Rounds.RoundID, EvRestable.Performance,
EvRestable.AgeID, EvRestable.EventID, Results.AthID
FROM Clubs RIGHT JOIN (AthNames RIGHT JOIN (((Results LEFT JOIN RNumbers ON
Results.AthID = RNumbers.AthID) INNER JOIN (((Rounds INNER JOIN EvRestable
ON Rounds.RoundID = EvRestable.RoundID) INNER JOIN Ages ON EvRestable.AgeID
= Ages.AgeID) INNER JOIN Events ON EvRestable.EventID = Events.EvNum) ON
Results.ResultID = EvRestable.ResultID) INNER JOIN [Event List Order] ON
(EvRestable.RoundID = [Event List Order].RoundID) AND (EvRestable.AgeID =
[Event List Order].AgeID) AND (EvRestable.EventID = [Event List
Order].EventID)) ON AthNames.AthID = RNumbers.AthID) ON Clubs.ClubID =
RNumbers.ClubID
GROUP BY [Event List Order].Position, EvRestable.Pos, EvRestable.TableNum,
RNumbers.RNumber, [AgeName]+' '+[EventName]+' '+[RoundName], [FName]+'
'+[Sname], Results.PerText, Clubs.ClubAbb, EvRestable.ResultID,
Events.EvType, Rounds.RoundID, EvRestable.Performance, EvRestable.AgeID,
EvRestable.EventID, Results.AthID
ORDER BY [Event List Order].Position, EvRestable.Pos, EvRestable.TableNum,
RNumbers.RNumber;

This query works in Access, but if I try to put it into the commandtext of a
TADODataSet I get "Unspecified Error", any ideas what can cause this?  It's
not a very helpful message!  I have got around this problem by using
storedproc as the commandtype, but I would rather use cmtext ADODataSets as
I have in the rest of the program.

My second problem is illustrated in the small program I have sent to the
attachments group (Please see "Files for Problem putting a query into access
and strange problem (second post)") To reduce the post size I have only
included the source files not the EXE.  Should anyone want to help and
download the program, please do the folowing to get the problem

Load the program
Click add all on the screen that will come up
then click ok
then click Manual countback - edit positions
Select the second athlete
click edit position
change the position to 1
press ok

You will then see "Database or object is read-only"  I have no idea what is
cvausing this error, none of the fields are read only.  The code can be
found in the ManualCBackUn file.  I have got around it another way, but the
other way if far slower.  Can anyone provide any inspiration?

I use the kbmMemTable memory table component.  I have found this very
useful.  For those of you who have not got it, it can be downloaded from
http://delphi.e-indexit.com/ go to products then KBMemTable

I really hope someone can help

Cheers

Paul