Board index » delphi » playing Quicktime-Videos (*.MOV) in Delphi, how?

playing Quicktime-Videos (*.MOV) in Delphi, how?

Hello *,

please can anybody tell me how I can make Quicktime-videos (*.MOV) run
in Delphi.

Thank you,
Peter

 

Re:playing Quicktime-Videos (*.MOV) in Delphi, how?


Uh, why would you want to bother?

OTS

Quote
Peter Gunn wrote in message <382EE84E.4D30...@zauberer.com>...
>Hello *,

>please can anybody tell me how I can make Quicktime-videos (*.MOV) run
>in Delphi.

>Thank you,
>Peter

Re:playing Quicktime-Videos (*.MOV) in Delphi, how?


Quote
Peter Gunn wrote:

> Hello *,

> please can anybody tell me how I can make Quicktime-videos (*.MOV) run
> in Delphi.

> Thank you,
> Peter

I think if you have IE 5 installed on your machine The TMediaPlayer will
play them just fine.

Ciao,

Dominique Louis
Delphi Developer and aspiring Delphi Game Developer.
*********************************************************
**  To Do Nothing is to Collaborate with the oppressor **
*********************************************************
=========================================================

Quote
>From . . . . . . . : Dominique Louis

Company. . . . . . : Savage Software Solutions
Web Site . . . . . : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au
Delphi Games Site. : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au/delphi
Email. . . . . . . : Domini...@SavageSoftware.com.au
=========================================================

Re:playing Quicktime-Videos (*.MOV) in Delphi, how?


Actually, the TMediaPlayer can play them, even if you don't have IE5.
Quicktime has pretty much always came with a MCI driver.  So, technically
you can completely bypass the TMediaPlayer and use MCI and depending on the
application, is what you want to do.  But, yes Dominique, you are most
definately correct.  If you install IE5 with the newer media control, or
just the media player, you can still get the same effect with the
TMediaPlayer control.
Quote
>>Dominique Louis <dlo...@teleline.es> wrote in message
>>news:38303940.41BF1544@teleline.es...
> Peter Gunn wrote:

> > Hello *,

> > please can anybody tell me how I can make Quicktime-videos (*.MOV) run
> > in Delphi.

> > Thank you,
> > Peter

> I think if you have IE 5 installed on your machine The TMediaPlayer will
> play them just fine.

> Ciao,

> Dominique Louis
> Delphi Developer and aspiring Delphi Game Developer.
> *********************************************************
> **  To Do Nothing is to Collaborate with the oppressor **
> *********************************************************
> =========================================================
> >From . . . . . . . : Dominique Louis
> Company. . . . . . : Savage Software Solutions
> Web Site . . . . . : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au
> Delphi Games Site. : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au/delphi
> Email. . . . . . . : Domini...@SavageSoftware.com.au
> =========================================================

Other Threads