Indy 8.0 installation with Delphi 6 Personal Edition

I have downloaded all Indy 8.0 files and have done
the installation. The installation has installed some files,
but how do I get Indy into Delphi6?
The FAQ says for "How do I install Indy 8.0 in Delphi 6 Personal
Edition?" to run fulld6.bat (which I did) and then to
"Place the DclIndy60.bpl in your Indy\D6 directory in the IDE (
Component|Install Packages|Add)."
I have started Delphi6, did Component|Install Packages|Add
and selected dclIndy60.bpl, but got the following error
message (it is in german, I try to translate):
  The Application could not be started, because Indy60.bpl
  could not be found. A new install of the application could
  remedy the problem.
Any help is appreciated,

        Roland Scholz

Re:Indy 8.0 installation with Delphi 6 Personal Edition

<u...@domain.invalid> wrote:
>   The Application could not be started, because Indy60.bpl
>   could not be found. A new install of the application could
>   remedy the problem.
> Any help is appreciated,

You need to make sure indy60.bpl is in the Windows library path, eg in the
System32 directory.

--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Other Threads