RAS connection from within Delphi

Can anybody pls give me some advice on how to envoke a Dial Up connection
from within a Delphi program, such that it could only display the status of
the connection, eg Dialling, Authenticating, Connecting, Redialing etc. and
NOT the normal Dial up prompt that the user must first confirm by clicking
on the dial button. We need our application to make an unattended Dial up
connection to a RAS server to upload information to a server on another
network from time to time.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Re:RAS connection from within Delphi

Two options

1. Change an existing dun entry
2. Create one on the fly then delete after you have finished

Mail me directly for some code I have that we did for a client.

--

Brian Slack
http://www.depicus.com

"...never was I so scared as when I saw a Formula 1 car controlled by Visual
Basic..."
.

On Thu, 30 May 2002 22:59:22 +0200, "Piet Snot" <p...@snot.com> wrote:
>Can anybody pls give me some advice on how to envoke a Dial Up connection
>from within a Delphi program

Look at TMagRas from http://www.magsys.co.uk/delphi/,, this does all
you need.

Angus

"Piet Snot" <p...@snot.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3cf69278_2@dnews...

> Can anybody pls give me some advice on how to envoke a Dial Up connection
> from within a Delphi program, such that it could only display the status
of
> the connection, eg Dialling, Authenticating, Connecting, Redialing etc.
and
> NOT the normal Dial up prompt that the user must first confirm by clicking
> on the dial button. We need our application to make an unattended Dial up
> connection to a RAS server to upload information to a server on another
> network from time to time.

At http://www.argosoft.com there's a free component with source called
"TmsRAS".

I need the opposite: a way to display the _normal_ Dial up prompt if there's
no connection. I want to use the Indy Components and with these I didn't
find a way yet.

Thank you in advance,
  Tobias Weidelt

Re:RAS connection from within Delphi

In article <3cfa96dd_1@dnews> in newsgroup
borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock on Mon, 3 Jun 2002 00:05:32 +0200,
Tobias Weidelt(tob...@weidelt.de) said...

> "Piet Snot" <p...@snot.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3cf69278_2@dnews...
> > Can anybody pls give me some advice on how to envoke a Dial Up connection
> > from within a Delphi program, such that it could only display the status
> of
> > the connection, eg Dialling, Authenticating, Connecting, Redialing etc.
> and
> > NOT the normal Dial up prompt that the user must first confirm by clicking
> > on the dial button. We need our application to make an unattended Dial up
> > connection to a RAS server to upload information to a server on another
> > network from time to time.

> At http://www.argosoft.com there's a free component with source called
> "TmsRAS".

> I need the opposite: a way to display the _normal_ Dial up prompt if there's
> no connection. I want to use the Indy Components and with these I didn't
> find a way yet.

The Wininet API functions should do what you want. Look them up at MSDN.

Patrick Dunford, Christchurch, NZ - http://pdunford.godzone.net.nz/

   I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have
power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and high and
deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses
knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the
fullness of God.
    -- Ephesians 3:17-19
       http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Ephesians+3:17-19

Other Threads