HELP: Table Full Error On Paradox 5.0 Table.

In article <4qrhdt$...@jaring.my> ccc...@pop.jaring.my (Chin Chee Chun) writes:

>I just tried to add 200,000 records to a paradox 5.0 table....(each
>record contains about 100 fields). I encounter the "Table Full" error
>when the total records created are about 199,660.
>What's actually happenning....? Is this because I've too many
>fields...?(I'm only testing the Paradox table...in real world there
>wouldn't be some many fields in one record :)) )
>Can somebody help me please ?

The capacity of a Paradox table depends on the block-size used to create it.
The space-allocation data structures are only so large, while the block-size
can change with capacity, in much the same way that the FAT on a DOS-formatted
disk is only so large but the cluster-size can change.  This is a reasonable
and widely-adopted compromise.

/mr/

Re:HELP: Table Full Error On Paradox 5.0 Table.

        You can change this by changing the block size in the bde configuration program,
then creating a new pdox table, borrow the structure of the full table, then add all your
data from the old full table to the new one.

        16k's not a bad block size, 32k is the max.

--
Paradox and Delphi Consultant. Member: Borland Delphi Technical Support
             Most small questions answered for free!

       Paradox Web Page: http://www.pagescape.com/fire/pdox/
          My words are my own, I don't speak for Borland.

Re:HELP: Table Full Error On Paradox 5.0 Table.

Hi,

I just tried to add 200,000 records to a paradox 5.0 table....(each
record contains about 100 fields). I encounter the "Table Full" error
when the total records created are about 199,660.

What's actually happenning....? Is this because I've too many
fields...?(I'm only testing the Paradox table...in real world there
wouldn't be some many fields in one record :)) )

Can somebody help me please ?

Thanks in advance :)

Other Threads