Accessing COM ports under Win NT with BP 7.0

hi,

i intend to port a borland pascal 7.0 DOS programm to win nt.

within the dos version a communication via com1 or com2 is done. the "port"
function is used and it seems to me that this doesn't work under win nt.

are there any experiences concerning this topic, are there other ways in
pascal to handle this problem??

thanx for any help,

torsten

Re:Accessing COM ports under Win NT with BP 7.0

the HAL in NT does not allow any program to directly access the hardware
which is why many DOS programs will not work under NT

Torsten Graf wrote in message <98qbn0$...@newsserv.vs.dasa.de>...
>hi,

>i intend to port a borland pascal 7.0 DOS programm to win nt.

>within the dos version a communication via com1 or com2 is done. the "port"
>function is used and it seems to me that this doesn't work under win nt.

>are there any experiences concerning this topic, are there other ways in
>pascal to handle this problem??

>thanx for any help,

>torsten

Re:Accessing COM ports under Win NT with BP 7.0

The HAL actually does a pretty good job of emulation,
s a properly written COM program should work under NT or W2K.

I do have an interrupt driven data acquisition program (uses two
COM ports) that works under any versions of MS OS's I could get
my hand on. (DOS 3.1 and up)

arwar <ar...@cablenet-va.com> wrote:
> the HAL in NT does not allow any program to directly access the hardware
> which is why many DOS programs will not work under NT
> Torsten Graf wrote in message <98qbn0$...@newsserv.vs.dasa.de>...
>>hi,

>>i intend to port a borland pascal 7.0 DOS programm to win nt.

>>within the dos version a communication via com1 or com2 is done. the "port"
>>function is used and it seems to me that this doesn't work under win nt.

>>are there any experiences concerning this topic, are there other ways in
>>pascal to handle this problem??

Other Threads