Help: POP3 and SMPT in Delphi 2.0 Standard

I need some POP3 and / or SMTP components for may application
I've never do internet application before.
I Someone knew about such components
PLEASE !! Help me get it!!!
Marcin Drwota
marci...@kki.net.pl
marcin_drw...@geocities.com

Re:Help: POP3 and SMPT in Delphi 2.0 Standard

Marcin Drwota wrote:
> I need some POP3 and / or SMTP components for may application
> I've never do internet application before.
> I Someone knew about such components
> PLEASE !! Help me get it!!!

Only one sensible choice ... Francois Piette's excellent ICS suite of
free internet components.  beat the socks off any alternatives I've
used, free, shareware or commercial, regularly updated and well
supported too via a lively and informative mailing list.

Check out http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm

HTH

--
David Gosnell
These personal views are not necessarily those of my employer.

Re:Help: POP3 and SMPT in Delphi 2.0 Standard

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:04:30 +0200, "Marcin Drwota"

<marci...@kki.net.pl> wrote:
>I need some POP3 and / or SMTP components for may application
>I've never do internet application before.
>I Someone knew about such components
>PLEASE !! Help me get it!!!

Although we don't have a Delphi specific sample, we do have a sample
in VB, STMAIL, as part of our commercial SocketTools package which
uses the SMTP control and the POP3 control in a simple mail client. If
you have some familiarity with VB, you can download SocketTools from
our website at http://www.catalyst.com and study the sample for
direction.

----
David Whitman (da...@catalyst.com)        Phone: +1 818 225 5120
Catalyst Development Corporation          Web:   http://www.catalyst.com

Re:Help: POP3 and SMPT in Delphi 2.0 Standard

HI Marcin,

> I need some POP3 and / or SMTP components for may application
> I've never do internet application before.

You can download full source code for TBSMTP and TBPOP3 components,
as well as sample applications from my website Dr.Bob's Delphi Clinic
at http://www.drbob42.com
I wrote these components for my "Under Construction" column in The
Delphi Magazine, so the easiest way to find them is to goto my TDM
webpage at http://www.drbob42.com/tdm and look for issue #35 and #36
which feature the source code ready to be downloaded and used...

> Marcin Drwota

Groetjes,
          Bob Swart (aka Dr.Bob - http://www.drbob42.com)

Other Threads