How to set sound-volume?

Hi.

For a special application i need to implement a kind of
sound-mixer to control the several volumes of the soundcard's
channels indivudually. This would be:
WAV,LINE IN,MIDI.
Using "wavoutsetvolume(...)" i can set the result volume and that
works fine. But how can i get control over the LINE-IN/MIDI volume?

Thanks in advance,
JOE

Re:How to set sound-volume?

JOE45657 wrote:
> For a special application i need to implement a kind of
> sound-mixer to control the several volumes of the soundcard's
> channels indivudually. This would be:
> WAV,LINE IN,MIDI.
> Using "wavoutsetvolume(...)" i can set the result volume and that
> works fine. But how can i get control over the LINE-IN/MIDI volume?

I have no idea what wavoutsetvolume...... is, but with a few lines you
can adjust the volume yourself (I hope, you need it for a SB?):
Write the following numbers to the indexport and the volume (one byte
with bits 0-2 set to zero) to the dataport of the mixerchip (works with
CT1745 / compatible):
WAV: $32, $33 (left/right)
LINE-IN: $38, $39
MIDI: $34, $35

The indexport can be calculated:
 SB-basisport +4
the dataport:
 SB-basisport +5

Hope this helps!!

Arno Fehm

Re:How to set sound-volume?

Arno Fehm ha scritto nel messaggio <36D839C8.627CD...@bigfoot.de>...

>JOE45657 wrote:
>> For a special application i need to implement a kind of
>> sound-mixer to control the several volumes of the soundcard's
>> channels indivudually. This would be:
>> WAV,LINE IN,MIDI.
>> Using "wavoutsetvolume(...)" i can set the result volume and that
>> works fine. But how can i get control over the LINE-IN/MIDI volume?

I think you are asking about delphi. Try
http://members.tripod.com/dartclub/download.htm
for a component about this.

To reply remove all nine from adress

Other Threads