Delphi 1, Pdox and sec indeces performance

I have developed a Deplhi 1.0 application that uses the Paradox 5.0 databas=
e shipped with Delphi 1.0 when the =

amount of records in the database is low, and SQL Server 6.0 when the amoun=
t is high. Recently we have run into =

problems:  When the number of records exceed 10.000 in a Pdox table that us=
es secondary indeces heavily, =

response times decreases dramatically. Using the same database to do SQL qu=
eries with Delphi 2.0 database =

manager is a LOT faster.

Now, my question is: Does Delphi 1.0 support the use of secondary indeces ?=
 If not, is there a work around to =

speed things up ? Some of my clients do not want to upgrade to 95 or NT, so=
 I will probably be stuck with Win =

3.x for a while.

Thanks in advance for any comments on this.

Christer Engstr=F6m, REKO AB. e-mail: kri...@rekoab.se

Re:Delphi 1, Pdox and sec indeces performance

You can create secondary indexes in a paradox table in Delphi using the
"AddIndex" command.

Or you can create secondary indexes in the Database Desktop app.

rich

Other Threads