new user Delphi/Paradox question

I just purchased the delphi 2.0 desktop version.
I have yet to install it because I'm still
waiting for my new computer.
I assumed a report writer came with the software.
Once I started reading through documentation I
found out that Report Smith doesn't come with
desktop.  I was relieved to learn that Delphi
recognizes Query (.QBE) file types.  Can I use the report
writer that comes with Pdox 5.0 to produce my
reports (.RDL) with delphi data?  If this is
possible can someone give a quick hint how to
accomplish this? Is there any reason why someone
should attempt to learn SQL if they are not going
to use a database server?
Does Quick Report come with desktop?

Thanks for your insight-
Jim