General SQL error w/ MS Access

Hello,

I'm trying to use D2 to modify an MS Access 97 table.  I'm using a 32bit
ODBC driver from Intersolv.  I can view the data in a grid just fine.
However any attempt to write a change to the table results in the error
message: "General SQL error."

TIA,
Rich Wallach
Kaiser Materials

Re:General SQL error w/ MS Access

>I'm trying to use D2 to modify an MS Access 97 table.  I'm using a 32bit
>ODBC driver from Intersolv.  I can view the data in a grid just fine.
>However any attempt to write a change to the table results in the error
>message: "General SQL error."

 try setting the "UpdateMode" property
on the TQuery to "upWhereKeyOnly" instead of the default "upWhereAll".

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:General SQL error w/ MS Access

Brian Bushay TeamB <BBus...@DataGuidance.com> wrote in article

>  try setting the "UpdateMode" property
> on the TQuery to "upWhereKeyOnly" instead of the default "upWhereAll".

Brian,
   Thanks.  However, I found that my test loop (below) runs 10 times slower
against the Access data than against the same data in a Paradox table.

      while not eof do
        begin
          edit;
          query1.fieldByName('BillDate').asString := '08/02/98';
          next;
        end;

Is there a way that I can improve performance?

Rich

Re:General SQL error w/ MS Access

>   Thanks.  However, I found that my test loop (below) runs 10 times slower
>against the Access data than against the same data in a Paradox table.
>Is there a way that I can improve performance?

I don't know the answer to that.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com